Detailing the interiors: I add alu tape over the kit piece. Using a soft pencil rubber I marked the texture.

Rubber over the alu tape let a soft matt lay. It will be good for acrilics gripping.

Note the pieces are upside down! Some instruments are remade and duplicate using resing casting.

cheers

Maurizio

Dscf6801.jpg

Here is the WIP made during last week end. I improved the interiors. I add the curtain for the "looking-rear" operator. I made it with alu tape and copper wire. I cut the circles on the anti-noise pattern using some pieces for electronics that I don't know how in English are.... sorry... The smaller diameter tube is for cutting the tape and the bigger is for making the edge. Mobile seat belts has been added made of paper tape.

I drilled out some holes in the heli floor in order to add some stirene pins. They will are the seats hooking/fastening points.

I added rivets to the floor bur they are not visible, unfortunately they are not raised...

I also add the holes and cuts on the heli structure. Unfortunately I cannot post pics of interiors of the real heli since I didn't play any by myself...

cheer

Maurizio

Dscf6828.jpg

Dscf6830.jpg

Dscf6832.jpg

Dscf6836.jpg

Dscf6842.jpg

Dscf6845.jpg

Dscf6846.jpg

Dscf6850.jpg

Wow maurizio, that is amazing. I love the curtain you made from alu tape, that is a great tip and I am going to use it on my BK-117 build.

Fantastic indeed, this is shaping up to be a beautiful model

Cheers

Anthony

What a great job! I really like what you are doing with the interior. I wish I had seen this posting before I started my own Huey. Lots of really good ideas.

Can't wait to see this model completed.

John

This is the work I made during the week end. I added a rear wall. Transparent plastic sheets has been used for the windows.

unfortuantely I have no detailed drawings or real quotes for this heli so I can use photos only...

ciao

Maurizio

Dscf7038.jpg

Dscf7039.jpg

:P

Wow! That's some serious detail you got going on there! I'm going to attempt a similar job on my Huey II that I'm starting soon. If I may ask, what size plastic rod did you use for the inner and outer control rods of the mast? That looks incredible!

Also, that photo etch you used....is that scratch, or does a set exist for it?

Looking forward to seeing more!

- Rob

Hi mates,

here is the work I made on the main rotor during Sunday afternoon. I used stirene sheets, rods and Eduard PE.

cheers

Maurizio Bressan

Dscf6721.jpg

Dscf6726.jpg

Dscf6733.jpg

Dscf6734.jpg

Dscf6738.jpg

Dscf6739.jpg

Dscf6740.jpg

Hi Patrick,

thanks for the kind words. This is the purpouse and the spirit of this forum so I'm very happy if I can help some modellers and do not hesitate to contact me for any questions you should have.

cheers

Maurizio Bressan

Here are the works (better the little work...)I made during Sunday afternoon. It was so hot on the balcony that I wasn't able to model more than one hour considering also that my baby slept for one hour only...

Here is the Left Forward door. I made rivets using the Trumpeter riveter and remade using a scribing tool since don't convinced me. There is a difference in making rivets on plastic kit and on plasticard. On the plastic kit they are raised with an hole in the middle, on plasticard they are recessed. On the heli I making they must be raised.

I deleted also the plastic parts not for use on the bottom of the heli.

cheers

Maurizio

Dscf7076.jpg

Dscf7077.jpg

Dscf7078.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Very nice Maurizio! I wish I'd found this thread earlier. lol I'm not planning on doing one of these myself, but I've had a soft spot for the AB.212-ASW for years ever since I built the Fujimi kit many years ago (being an ASW-type, myself (P-3s) probably helped).