Sonar transceiver with a coat of spray paint in order to check the if everything is ok but it wasn't! a file was necessary for a smooth surfare. Paper tape has is used to protect the clear window.

Dscf7340_zps8dc6d2f0.jpg

Dscf7341_zps1c936fb8.jpg

Following HEMSPILOT suggestion (thanks!) I've made a new top on the radar reducing the size. It was really too big in size. Thank you mate!

Dscf7339_zps5e3e1c08.jpg

Edited by maurizio

I'm not really a chopper guy but I do have a few in my collection and I must say your build report is very interesting to watch. Good work!

Following HEMSPILOT suggestion (thanks!) I've made a new top on the radar reducing the size. It was really too big in size. Thank you mate!

Dscf7339_zps5e3e1c08.jpg

Can I know what is the difference in size? The one above doesn't look very different to your earlier one in page 3. Can you post a side-by-side comparison picture so that I can see the size difference?

Do you mean that white thing on top or the entire black part?

Thank you.

HI Jackman,

thank you for your message. Yes, I mean the White piece on the top of the dark grey cilinder. The previous one was too big...

Here are some resin casts for double/multiple pieces, without loosing time in making 2 or more... The inflatable rafts have been covered with 2 passes of Gunze liquid putty Mr. 500. Seats are completely scratchbuilt from a piece of plasticard and covered with paper coming from candies. The texture could be very interesting after the paint is on.

Dscf7336_zpsfdb53906.jpg

Thank you Norbert!

This is the top of the helicopter with the following modification: a little bit sandpapering on the anti slip pattern (it was too deep for my choice), panel lines rescribed, new Archer rivets decals added, some new plates, antennae, reduced Windows ribs. The new pieces are just positioned for a dry fitting and first looking test. Future was is on for sealing the decals. The base will be removed of course....

These drops-like pieces are made for the sonar transceiver inner wheel.

Dscf7337_zps4776753c.jpg

Edited by maurizio

Hi Norbert,

These are the only new panels the heli will have. Looking closely to the heli, there are some additional plates for reinforcing purpuses on the tail only. So the alu tape will be placed here only.

NExt step is to add a small plasticard piece with a circle inside on the right part only and then adding a coat of Future for sealing everything and preparing the base for the Archer decals.

Cheers

Maurizio

Be aware that the blades never have pitch on the ground when not turning. It will bend the Torsion/Tension straps and create problems (TT straps). Only the 214 will do that.

Unless of course you are going to show it in the hover, where that will be quite a heavy machine...

Edited to say SUPERB work tho! You may want to add some bulkheads around the intakes and the opening for the mast...

Cheers

H.

Edited by Winnie

Hi Winnie,

thanks for your advice. I've seen the pitch of the blades on the following pictures. Maybe the picth I gave to the kit is too angled but seems the real heli blades are pitched when not hovering...

Unfortunately they are just glued with CA...

what does it means "bulkheads around the intakes and mast?"

Dscf7905_zps2587f77d.jpg

Source: Italian magazine "Air Kit News" - 2006.

Dscf7906_zpsbd42db1a.jpg

Source: Book "Ancore in volo" by S. Bagnasco and Ugo Crisponi

To: Italycrew: thank you very much mate! phone you soon!

Edited by maurizio