HI Jackman,

thank you for your comments and for the question.

Italian Navy AB-212 ASW are located far away from my city so I hadn't any opportunuty to see them Flying over me or Flying on airshows so I took the pictures as references on the Net as well as the a/m book and magazine.

The only 4 pictures played by me during a unique visit to my city are herwith enclosed. It was about 2002 or 2003, I hadn't yet the digital camera and only 4 shots remained in the camera when a friend of mine called me urgently for that unexpected visit...

Note the dirty on the fuselage as well as several tones of greys (retouches, dirty and new paints).

Cheers

Maurizio

1_zpsb809dcde.jpg

3_zps73a58c3b.jpg

2_zps7e704adf.jpg

4_zpsa4382660.jpg

Hi Winnie,

thanks for your advice. I've seen the pitch of the blades on the following pictures. Maybe the picth I gave to the kit is too angled but seems the real heli blades are pitched when not hovering...

Unfortunately they are just glued with CA...

what does it means "bulkheads around the intakes and mast?"

Dscf7905_zps2587f77d.jpg

Source: Italian magazine "Air Kit News" - 2006.

Dscf7906_zpsbd42db1a.jpg

Source: Book "Ancore in volo" by S. Bagnasco and Ugo Crisponi

To: Italycrew: thank you very much mate! phone you soon!

(Breaking my own rule of not reposting pictures)

What you are seeing is "Washout", Tips are level with roots having a few degrees of twist. This is because the tips travel faster than the roots, similar to a propeller. Also, if the cyclic is positioned forward to the right, as evidenced by the stab bar and swash-plate, you will see some pitch in one blade, but perhaps not as much as you describe. Maximum pitch I believe is around the 13-15 degree mark at full collective, and is only when doing maintenance on the machine usually. If cyclic is centered, stab bar is level.

In any case, superb workmanship, and in no way a criticism to you!

Cheers

Harald

(212 Pilot)

Edited by Winnie

Thank you Winnie for your tech. comment, more than welcome. Unfortunately the blades have been glued with CA so I cannot modify them. There is a metal rod, too.

I would kindly asking you the correct position of the ciclic and collective control sticks in the cockpit.

thanks

Maurizio

Your question above on the bulkheads around the mast and intakes are the hole on top of the machine, where the mast comes out, it has walls around it so you can't see the intakes.

The cyclic sticks would be forward and right almost into the panel, and the collective all the way down. Sometimes pedals pushed in as well, left OR right depending on wind, to keep one blade firm towards the helicopter, preventing the blades from flopping back and forth, damaging the stop.

Cheers

Harald

Ciao Maurizio!

In the picture you can see the swashplate tilted all the way forward, Usually you allow the rotor to gain a little RPM before you move the cyclic, so as to let the hydraulic systems time to build pressure (runs off the transmission)

As soon as you can, you move the cyclic to center, so that you have less vibration.

Cheers

Harald

Wow,Maurizio, your 212 is looking amazing, i love all the details you are adding and all the corrections you have made so far. I am taking your build as a reference for my future 212 model. Dont forget to fix the nose, remember this kit has a funky nose.

You should make the cargo compartment open in the tail boom, i made this in my 412, hope u like it.

DSC05554.jpg

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

Dear Rod,

thanks for your comments and congrats for you 412. If I'm not wrong only the 412 has a different nose, not the 212....

AB-212 will haven't the compartment door open for not breaking his silhouette too much. Sliding and frontal doors will be opened , intakes and exausts closed with red covers for a touch of color.

I've modified the sliding doors adding stretched sprue lines as seals and some pieces of plasticard as reinforcement plates. They lack the rounded edges of the inner ribs, the Archer rivets decals and some small details. Ribs will be also trimmed a little bit cutting some very small parts of the lower parts. Ribs will be also sandpapered a little bit to reduce the height. I prefer doing this when the ribs have the glue dried. HAndles will be added only during the final stage of the assembly.

Note the letters on the sliding dooors written with a pensil: RR stands for Right Rear, LR stands for Left Rear and so on.

Dscf8084_zps80fa4c55.jpg

Dscf8083_zps57603b19.jpg

Dscf8082_zpsde288361.jpg

Edited by maurizio

Side mounts. They are a modification of the Cobra co. detail set given me by a friend. Some helis and choppers have the covers (discs) on but other don't. I've choosen to make the holes so cables can be viewed. Cables will be added soon.

Maurizio

Dscf8079_zps49458861.jpg

Dscf8081_zps15f56907.jpg

Dear Lyash, thanks for your comment. I've done an AH-W (Italeri - 1/48) several years ago but never posted... I don't like that heli unfortunately...

I've done a CH-46E, a HH-60J as helis. My main interest is for airplanes. You can see my planes in the "in progress" page.

Maurizio

Dear Lyash, thanks for your comment

It's my pleasure! My name is Igor and LYASH - it's my surname :)/>

Then I've done mistake..))

I like many foreign attack helicopters, including the Soviet and Russian combat helis.

Edited by Lyash Igor
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you Jackman et al for watching.

Here is a detail job about buttons and handles present on the fuselage. I've signed them with an ink pen first in order to easily recognize the location. Note also the side fuselage is not regular/flat but a little bit "waved". This fenomenon is present on some real helis and choppers, too.

Maurizio

Dscf8238_zps844ea7e0.jpg