• 3 months later...

Some more progresses on the cabin instruments. I have to build now the structure made by tubes for them and for seats. On the very far right is the FLIR display attached to the cabin roof.

Maurizio

Dscf9713_zps7640718c.jpg

Dscf9712_zps201a2d50.jpg

Thanks mates. I'm planning to finish the project within the last week of May due to an important model contest in central Italy. Please note I'm doing the 7-67 with a FLIR so an additional monitor is required (attached to the floor).

Here are some more pics about rivetting job using Archer decals.

Dscf9722_zpscee71ff3.jpg

Dscf9721_zps05c07aa0.jpg

HI Oliver,

i'm putting all the ARcher decals since I'm planning to duplicate the fuselages in resing for future projects saving a lot of time... I would putting them using the method found on ARC "tools and tips" gallery (, paper tape, Q-tip, putty and so on). The White plasticard strips must be resized a little bit more....

Dscf9719_zpsf8dadfc6.jpg

Dscf9718_zps997121f9.jpg

Dscf9717_zps8d45e4c6.jpg

Dear Rotorwash,

there are no special secrets for casting pieces.

Here is my previous article "casting resing pieces": casting resin pieces

The only "secret" is to put several light coats of silicon rubber instead a bulk quantity in order to let the air bubbles escape to the mold.

Silicone rubber and resin were from an ITalian company named PROCHIMA. The local shop is not more buying these products due to the very small use among the modellers so I'm forcing to buy another brand.

I've bought resin and silicon rubber online last time. The pruduct company is named RAST DERANAUO and the products are better than the previous company I used (Prochima). They are much more fluid and the cast time in about 1 hour. The dark grey color fo rthe resin is not very good but I can live with it!

Cheers

Maurizio

Thanx mate!

here are some progresses. I've Painted the floor in medium grey and added a coat of Future wax later. I would show you the method I use for temporary keep the airbrush down.

Dscf9753_zpsd95a7131.jpg

Dscf9752_zpsbc2acd6b.jpg

Instruments panel dry fitting. Note the instrument bezels are a little bit shy due to the new Italeri acrilic black paint. I'll paint them with a clear matt paint for a better looking. Heli floor has been drybrushed a little bit using a clear grey. Unfortunately the CD pen is still visible over the grey paint.... not worry I'll find a solution!

Maurizio

Dscf9757_zps6d7bb11d.jpg

Dscf9759_zps67d3839c.jpg