Thanx guys for the comments. I'm finishing to cast half fuselages in between today and Tomorrow morning so Tomorrow noon I can clean the resin parts. I'm now completing the interiors. I really have no idea how to do the Sonar transducer hole edge (lef-lower part of the fuselage). It is a oval with double curve silhouette...

Cyclics, collectives and fire extinguishers Painted NATO black.

Dscf9782_zpse1b54920.jpg

Dscf9780_zpsd8382e17.jpg

Thank you all for your support. I want to finish this beauty within the end of this month.

Starting adding the inner pieces. Note the different shades of grey.

Dscf9792_zpse6baa0c0.jpg

how to handle the rear door

Dscf9791_zps31ae97e0.jpg

HEre are the decals I'll use. Some are home made and other are coming from an Italian modeller that made some decals for some AB-212ASW converted to Special Forces Ops. I'm not able to use the Serial Numbers since mine will be 7-67.

On my home made decals sheet there are also decals for my future project dedicated to an Italian F-84F.

Maurizio

Dscf9790_zpsb04bfe0d.jpg

Maurizio, che bellezza, è fantastico, grande lavoro il mio amico

BTW, can you tell me what type of rivets and size did you put to the model?, i know its archer, but dont know the type and dimension or size of them.

Thanks.

Rod.

Hi Rod,

thanks for your kind words.

I've used the set with different rivets since I didn't knew which size was correct. I've used the "smallest" for the tail and mid for the fuselage. This method gave to me the opportunity to use all the small and mid rivets present on the sheets (3 sheets were used) and gave a sensaion of not equal pattern.

Here are the silicone moulds for the fuselages.

20140510_150035_zps65faba38.jpg

Here is the result of the resin cast. Perfect. I have to remove the eccess of the side doors and part of the interior. It is NOT full of resin inside!

Dscf9794_zpse6e93cdb.jpg

Wow, the details are great! Did you use a food package cardboard packing for the interior & side doors? I can even see the "tear-away" areas of the cardboard. :woot.gif:

Did you use a pressure pot or vacuum chamber for the casting? The details are very good :thumbsup:

Dear Jackman,

thank you for your kind words. Yes, details are great, too much great!!! YOu can see also the thin layer/coat of liquid Humbrol glue and Future...

I don't remember which kind of cardboard I've used since I took out one of the best kinds of paper found in the paper trash can.... It could be food packaging...

No, I didn't used a vacuum chamber due to the dimensions of the fuselages, they are about 25 cms long...

Starting filling the interiors.

Dscf9803_zps2329c5da.jpg

Dscf9805_zpsa02e33eb.jpg

Dscf9804_zps1e9faa1f.jpg

Dscf9806_zps3cc1ba81.jpg

Edited by maurizio

Thank you Oliver. I've enhanced a little bit the drybrushing due to the dark light when everything is closed. All the doors will be opened. Yesterday evening I was putting the tail rotor tip decals of the kit on but they are too short!!! Today I have to paint the tail rotor strips in green, White and red....

Maurizio

Windows after some coats of Future wax and tinted with food colors Future. Remember to paint the edges with black otherwise you'll have a bad silvering effect when glued on the fuselage.

Dscf9852_zpsc7482982.jpg

I was in trouble.

I wanted to speed up this project for having it finished within May 30 due to a special model contest in Central Italy. The resin casted fuselage need to be cleaned a little bit inside consuming a lot of time so I've decided to use the master parts and let the resin fuselage apart for future projects.

Due to family needs I haven't the necessary time for finishing it withing May 30.... I'm not worry, it's a hobby not a job!

Seats made by resin parts, copper rod and plasticard rod. Not very easily to assembly... Note the rear belt reels, the Eduard modified P.E. seat belts and the scratchbuilt head assy.

Dscf9859_zps6dd32d12.jpg

Dscf9855_zps2678d80e.jpg

this is the mix of colors I've used - 50:50. Remember that the greenish upper Windows will give a greenish light to the interiors.

Dscf9861_zpsa1cc8520.jpg

Dscf9853_zps1118bd54.jpg

... I'm happy with the result... more to come!

Dscf9862_zps58083a23.jpg

Dscf9870_zps89a12a31.jpg

Dscf9863_zps52ec8e9f.jpg