Hi Folks

This will be (i hope) a quick build, as my Su-37 is taking much more time as i have considered :thumbsup:

The base kit is the Fujimi's A-4E/F kit, i have two of them, the first will be dressed with the MiG-17's silouet aggressor scheme and the second one must be the base for the Argentine A-4B, it was very difficult to get the Fujimi's B/D version here, but finally i got it :lol: , so i have one extra scooter on my stock.

I saw the Israel's A-4N in desert colors and i thought that it would be a good choice for this build, i will need some work to convert the E model to the N version, but i found very good pics here on the ARC and it seems to be an easy task.

The fujimi's kit comes with finely engraved detail, but i found some difficults with the assembly...

I beggin with the fuselage assembly:

A-4M_Fujimi_0002.jpg

I'll paint the fan before add the aft section

A-4M_Fujimi_0003.jpg

A-4M_Fujimi_0004.jpg

I found some difficult the union between the fuselaje halves, some panel lines where erased during the process...

A-4M_Fujimi_0005.jpg

The rear section of the tail pipe was removed

A-4M_Fujimi_0006.jpg

All the holes where drilled on the wing

A-4M_Fujimi_0007.jpg

There is a big gap between the upper and lower section of the wing, so both parts must be thinned

A-4M_Fujimi_0008.jpg

Some detail added to the flaps:

A-4M_Fujimi_0010.jpg

A-4M_Fujimi_0011.jpg

A-4M_Fujimi_0009.jpg

Edited by Likoyan

Abraham,

That's a great start you've made to this kit; I especially like the work that's gone into the spoilers/flaps.

I hope that I've understood your intention with this build correctly, and I offer the following only in the hope that's it's helpful rather than a criticism, but it's not a straightforward correction to make an A-4N from the A-4E. The A-4N was based on the A-4M, which featured a different forward fuselage and canopy from the A-4E. Your A-4E could certainly be built (with the changes that you've already shown here) as an A-4H, which preceded the -N into IDFAF service.

I hope that your great build continues, and feel free to ignore my correction if it's not important to you. If you need the forward fuselage bits to make an -N, please send me a PM, I should be able to find what you're after.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hi guys

Moritz and Regev:

Thank you very much for your comments they are welcomed :woot.gif:

Andrew:

I will send you a MP, thank you very much for your help!! ;)

Jackman:

Thank you very much for you help!!, a friend give me his decal waste and instruction sheet for the Fujimi's A-4KU "free kuwait" wich comes with marking for an IDFAF A-4N of the Yom Kippur war, let me know if them are useful for this project, if not i will take your generous offer :)

Saludos

Abraham

Thank you very much for you help!!, a friend give me his decal waste and instruction sheet for the Fujimi's A-4KU "free kuwait" wich comes with marking for an IDFAF A-4N of the Yom Kippur war, let me know if them are useful for this project, if not i will take your generous offer

No problem. Your friend's spare decals are better than mine because they are for a A-4N while mine are for a TA-4J two-seat trainer.

:salute:

Hi guys, a little update:

The other side flap have been finished, and the upper and lower sider of the wing have been assembled:

A-4M_Fujimi_0016.jpg

A-4M_Fujimi_0017.jpg

The ailerons where cutted off and the edges where "rectified" with styrene sheet:

A-4M_Fujimi_0018.jpg

A-4M_Fujimi_0019.jpg

You must pay attention on the wing tip union, because there's a really big gap.

I started to wor on the humpback, i don't liked the poor quality union between the parts, so i fit the problem with stirene sheet:

A-4M_Fujimi_0020.jpg

A-4M_Fujimi_0021.jpg

A-4M_Fujimi_0022.jpg

A-4M_Fujimi_0023.jpg

That's all for now. hope you like it!! :salute:

Saludos

Abraham