1/72 British Army Bell 212

Hello

I was kindly given a 1/72 Italeri kit of the UH-1N and inside there is the opportunity to build her as a Bell 212 from the British Army in Brunei.

I am goping to build her from the box with only minor scratch build.

So far I have only cut the pieces for the cockpit and I am dubbious about the coulours inside. Maybe an FS 16270 could be the overall colour but for the seats and the padded walls I do not know.

Is there anybody knowing here?

Patrick

Depending on the time frame, the cargo areas would be 36231 Dark Gull Gray. This would include the sound proofing material (albeit in a different sheen). The seats (at least on US versions) would be an olive drab color. The cockpit would be the same, providing the variant you are building is from pre-NVG use era (if it is an NVG bird, the cockpit would be black up to just behind the pilot/copilot seats, including the seats, consoles and instrument panels).

HTH,

Alby

Edited by Alby Moore
Depending on the time frame, the cargo areas would be 36231 Dark Gull Gray. This would include the sound proofing material (albeit in a different sheen). The seats (at least on US versions) would be an olive drab color. The cockpit would be the same, providing the variant you are building is from pre-NVG use era (if it is an NVG bird, the cockpit would be black up to just behind the pilot/copilot seats, including the seats, consoles and instrument panels).

HTH,

Alby

Thank you very much. That will help me when I make a UH-1N but for the British Bell 212s which operate over the Brunei Jungle as a training unit I can't know if they are used with NVG.

Anyway I buy the FS16231 overall.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

At last I have started my Bell 212. As I told before inside it is from the box apart some "passenger" belts.

m_70382418_0.jpg

m_70382540_0.jpg

m_70382600_0.jpg

Here the colour is the same but not the light.

m_70382889_0.jpg

Patrick

Edited by VG 33

Hi

Thanks !

The progress is not so fantastic Anthony as I am as fast as a snail. Actually I am building several kits at the moment.

About the paintwork it is the tamiya X-19 Smoke wash which makes the job.

Patrick

• 5 months later...

Hello

I'm back on the business after almost six months and as I was fearing marine4 ever anger befiore the deadline here are some progress :

m_90186147_0.jpg

m_90186172_0.jpg

m_90186199_0.jpg

Patrick

Edited by VG 33
  • 2 weeks later...