Chinese Stealth Fighter

This came to me in my inbox. It supposedly is a new J series fighter. Don't know anything more about it or who took the photo, but the website is credited at the lower left.

Chinese_J-XX_stealth_fighter.jpg

It does not look like a mock-up as panels and weapons bays are open. From what I can see, it is a beautiful and quite advanced looking aircraft. Anyone know anything about it?

yep i fell for this one a few years ago, its a cgi image from a video game.

Nice. Well it looks pretty cool. Too bad it is not a real plane, as it looks like a lot of thought went into it. Maybe a kit bash project?

That is some impressive CGI - IF TRUE!!!

Now for the fun part for the true kerosene sniffers around here....what real world jets donated parts to this 'creation'.

It looks like an airframe that is 50/50 F-22 and YF-23, canopy F-16, and I have seen that inlet but I cannot place it right off the top of my head.

I wonder if that is what a F-23A would have looked like if development had progressed

Matt

I think Berkut has it right. Front of a MiG-1.44 (with the nose "Raptor"-ized), the wings and tail assembly (from the little that can be seen) from the YF-23. Not too bad-looking, though. :(

I believe some MiG-21 test aircraft had an intake like this, as well as some F-16 experimental airframe. :unsure:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
I think they are to light for light ghost grey,almost looks like camouflage grey FS36622

Thanks Tony,

although i dont know how i posted this question in this thread (multiple tabs open lol) woops.

Richard

That is some impressive CGI - IF TRUE!!!

Now for the fun part for the true kerosene sniffers around here....what real world jets donated parts to this 'creation'.

It looks like an airframe that is 50/50 F-22 and YF-23, canopy F-16, and I have seen that inlet but I cannot place it right off the top of my head.

I wonder if that is what a F-23A would have looked like if development had progressed

Matt

Now I know - the intake is from the X-32 aka 'The Monica' or my prefered name 'The Gulping Guppy'

There would be one ultimate kitbash for someone to do for the Nationals, all of the bits could be sources from the Italeri kits it looks like

Matt

as well as some F-16 experimental airframe. :(

An F-16 flew with a JSF-type Diverterless Supersonic Inlet back in 1996.

DSI-litho.jpg

F16_DSI_08.jpg

F16_DSI_06.jpg

F16_DSI_05.jpg

F16_DSI_04.jpg

The overall inlet design, called a diverterless supersonic inlet or DSI, moved from concept to reality when it was installed and flown on a Block 30 F-16 in a highly successful demonstration program. The flight test program consisted of twelve flights flown in nine days in December 1996. The first flight on 11 December addressed initial envelope clearance and functional checks. Subsequent flights addressed performance characteristics of the unique inlet design in both level and maneuvering flight. Rapid throttle transients during these flights confirmed the compatibility between the inlet and engine.

The flight tests covered the entire F-16 flight envelope and achieved a maximum speed of Mach 2.0. The modified aircraft demonstrated flying qualities similar to a normal production F-16 at all angles of attack and at all angles of sideslip. Lockheed Martin test pilots performed two inflight engine restarts and 164 successful afterburner lights, with no failures. Fifty-two afterburner lights were performed during hard maneuvers. No engine stalls or anomalies occurred during the test flights.

The new inlet showed slightly better subsonic specific excess power than a production inlet and that verified the overall system benefits of eliminating the diverter. Test pilots remarked that military power settings and thrust characteristics were very similar to standard production F-16 aircraft with the same General Electric F110-GE-129 engine. Considering the overall goal of the flight test program was to demonstrate the viability of this advanced inlet technology, the results were excellent.

Yah, that intake is way too small for the size of the airframe and indicates an engine to small to power the thing.

Unless they have some sort of non-air breathing super-hyper-warp drive. Yah, yah I'm sure that's what it is. Now someone will tell me that the only reason I don't buy it is because I'm one of those non change-accepting American super patriotic, pro whatever types :(

Yah, that intake is way too small for the size of the airframe and indicates an engine to small to power the thing.

Unless they have some sort of non-air breathing super-hyper-warp drive. Yah, yah I'm sure that's what it is. Now someone will tell me that the only reason I don't buy it is because I'm one of those non change-accepting American super patriotic, pro whatever types :(

Don't forget "unenlightened, knuckle-dragging neanderthal stick-monkey".

Wow... this photo is "old" news. For those who didn't see the first topic a few weeks ago that's the J-10.

Actually, this is the J-10:

j10_1_large.jpg

Chengdu-J-10-Xinhua-0ES.jpg

j-10.jpg

The image in the original post is a concept of the so-called J-XX

2005093009525227536.jpg

jxx.jpg

jxx.jpg

JXX.jpg

Some 3-D models here

Unless they have some sort of non-air breathing super-hyper-warp drive. Yah, yah I'm sure that's what it is. Now someone will tell me that the only reason I don't buy it is because I'm one of those non change-accepting American super patriotic, pro whatever types :monkeydance:

I'm one of those people you'd refer to as "tree hugging liberals", but I also think the intake looks too small (at least in that picture) to power that massive airframe.

I guess the key question is, can the Russians pull that off? If so then the Chinese can probably buy it from them.

It's fake, the Chinese military would never put up a no smoking sign and the floor is too clean.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. That hangar is waaaaaay too clean to be real.