Chinese Stealth Fighter

Well, on one wing angle seems to be minimal, almost Rafael...So, i think on one wing it looks like Rafael wing, on other, 50/50.

It's due to the perspective of the "camera." but they should be at the same angle. Forget about the Rafale here, you're hung up on the rafale as some sort of standard bearer for all deltas.

And does btw anyone have deffinition on how far angle in back have to go to be a diamond shaped configuration? :thumbsup:

It can be any angle. The term diamond planform comes from the overall shape of the wing planform.

hd-col.jpg

x47a.gif

yf-23_4.jpg

Now, whoever created that J-XX rendering, it looks like they leading edges of the canards and wing are at the same angle, and possible the tails too, but the trailing edges are all over the place. It's more style and 'what looks cool' than LO-engineering. The wanted it to look LO by piece-mealing parts and elements from the YF-23, but they didn't follow all the rules.

Ohh well, i can take other example, it realy dont matter at all. I just chosed a plane with back angle simular to that consept. But i dont understand this part:

It can be any angle. The term diamond planform comes from the overall shape of the wing planform.

So that means Raf...Eh, Saab -37 have a diamond shaped wing, and it is at same time delta? So for example MiG-21 is "pure" delta, while Saab-37 is a mix between an diamond shaped wing and delta? Not just a small change to delta wing?

Edited by Berkut

Er, isn't the biggest clue in the webiste address on the pic? shop.cjdby.net, 'shop' being the abbreviation for Photoshop... Obviously everyone else's points are entirely valid as to why this is CGi, just thought that might be a bit of a giveaway...

Ohh well, i can take other example, it realy dont matter at all. I just chosed a plane with back angle simular to that consept. But i dont understand this part:

So that means Raf...Eh, Saab -37 have a diamond shaped wing, and it is at same time delta? So for example MiG-21 is "pure" delta, while Saab-37 is a mix between an diamond shaped wing and delta? Not just a small change to delta wing?

Rafale, Typhoon, Viggen, Gripen, Mirage 2000, F-102, F-106, F-16XL...those are deltas, not diamonds. Their wings' leading and trailing edges aren't parallel with each other. Look at the rendering of the Hopeless Diamond, X-47 and that planform shot of the YF-23 again. A delta doesn't have to have a trailing edge that's perpendicular to the fuselage (such as on the Rafale), but once that trailing edge is parallel (or real close to parallel) with the opposing wing's leading edge, it starts to look like a... diamond

yf-23_planform.jpg

kina.jpg

<...>

That's what I was thinking! :bandhead2: Only I think the canopy has a distinct F-22 touch to it.

Given that the RoG MiG 1.44s are now really cheap to be had, I'm really considering bashing up an YF-23 (144 RoG or 72 Italeri) with one of the Revell MiGs. :bandhead2:

Well, 1/72 YF-23s are a little hard to come by these days, especially the Italeri one.

But tamya and italeri are same arent they?

I think i must buy two.....Just in case.

Well, 1/72 YF-23s are a little hard to come by these days, especially the Italeri one.

My LHS still has one! ;) One of those shops where you can occasionally dig up gems like this, sitting forlorn and dusty in some poorly-lit corner of the shop. I believe this one still has a "Deutsche Mark" price tag. :lol:

But tamya and italeri are same arent they? <...>

I'd say so. Tamiya reboxes a lot of Italeri 1/72 kits for their domestic market.

• 2 years later...

I guess it's appropriate to bring this thread back from the dead. Now that we know what the real thing looks like (more or less) I would say some of the CGI drawings were fairly close to the real J-20 after all...

Edited by KursadA