Creating small books for models

Hello,

I am working on a model and I was wondering how yu can create a small magizine or book to disply in you model, such as you would if you would have show off if you were doing a model of a bothroom, with all the fixings.

Have seen pics on the site, but no idea how to do them.. Any help wuld be great.

i cant remember who its, but someone on here has a scale model of their childhood LHS, has books, magazines and tiny kits and everything.

If you try and find that, there is a link to his website where he explains how he did everything

Richard

well iv had a good look and cant find it. maybe the guy who did it will see this.

I would say the easiest way is to make the book itself out of balsa or foam card. file away a bit in the middle and sides (ecept spine) to replicate the pages inset from the cover. then print out the cover of the book and stick to it.

Richard

Id have a search for anything relating to dolls houses.

really depends how "real" you want to go!

i think if you wanted to make a magazine with "real" pages (like the book below) i would get some "layout paper" i have no idea what thats called in the states. but its throw away sketching paper and its really light and cheap. like 30 gram.

http://lphrc.org/rmk/Mini/covers.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruthbleakley/...57601172694399/

It's actually pretty easy, just get a good photo of the cover (front / back as needed), then adjust the size in a photo editing program, you can use Word if you don't have a photo program. Print and attach to a piece of styrene sheet of the appropriate size / thickness.

yeah, i hadnt even thought about that.

get yourself photoshop. free trials easily available and though i would never advise it, plenty of free 'not trials' aswell. :thumbsup:

a bit over kill for resizing an image but really useful in general.

Lorraine build an typcial 1950's style outdoor "Aussie" dunny (toilet) complete with newspaper hanging on the back of the door for ablution duties, plus a folded newspaper on the bench for reading.

She scoured the internet and found a 1956 era newspaper, which she scaled down, printed on our laser printer, cut out and assembled.

Pretty impressive additions to a wonderful but slightly offbeat model It even has the obligatory redback spider in one corner!

:D

MikeJ

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the help, I have taken your suggestions and have a set of covers, from Time to Captain America and two detictvie books... they look nice and will post pics once I have taken them.. now to glue them to the model...