Juergen Klinglhuber's 1/72 PBY-5 on water!

Sweet!!

You captured the stormy mood perfectly! Wonderful work on the water effects! Excuse me, but I need to run since I am feeling sea sick after watching that PBY pitch up and down and up and down... ehhhh......

Edited by T-bone

I am very impressed as well--- both the aircraft and the water base look terrific.

I have question/comment-- Given that the aircraft is in the yellow wing color scheme, I assume that means that this is set in 1940 or so. If that is the case, it seems odd to me that a peacetime aircraft would be rescuing a downed pilot while carrying bombs/depth charges.

My guess is that, if a plane was on a training mission, and got diverted to rescue a pilot, that they would drop the ordnance before picking the pilot up, to shed the extra weight, and make taking off from the rough sea easier.

Does anyone know-- were PBY's rated to do open water landings and takeoffs with an ordnance load? (That is different than taking off from a sheltered bay with the ordinance at the start of the mission-- takign off in the open sea would put a lot more stress on the wings as the plane bounces up and down in the swells...)

That is excellent work, especially for 1/72.

The water is the most realistic i've seen for ages, nice to see some painting skills rather than pouring a load of poly resin over a few shades of blue.