O/T: Battlestar Galactica mid-season finale

20-06-2008

Baltar did come up with a way to discover Cylon from Human in the first season, he just got rid of it ( it discovered that Sharon was a Cylon before she shot Adama). The tune that Gaeta was humming in sickbay was NOT All along the Watchtower.

And yes, there is stil lthe issue wit hStarbuck and the brand new Viper.

I saw a trailer for the season on line somewhere and there was a billiant shot of what looked like a Colonial fleet with a number of battlestars that had double-decker hangars....

I think this might be Earth, maybe our era or later ( maybe later as we would need to have space travel sussed). The fleet is out there.....they just moved on. Remember when they were analyzing the signal, they said it colonial mixed into a signal that would activate the four....colonial mixed with cylon...this is where I think the show is going. The two enemies must work together. And I don't think we have seen the last of the "bad" Cylons either. ( for all we know, the 13th tribe are off looking for the 12 Colonies!!!!)

Liam

I love this show...it certainly has it's momments

see here's what i think happened.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away..... (nope that line has been taken).

somehow the cylons found earth a while back and let loose the terminators who wiped out mankind. a lot of similarities ( frakkin skin jobs). except in california cuz the t-800 got a job as the head terminator in charge. global domination. so now the fleet has came back and found the truth and all the sixes will have terminator/cylon babies. :worship:

What I love about the neu BSG:

1. Vipers

2. Grace Park

3. Amie Suchoff (spell?)

4. The neu Galactica

5. Production designs.

6. Grace Park

7. Grace Park

8. Grace Park

9. Grace Park (Hey, come on, I love all her cylon variants)

What I don't like:

1. Draggy stories

2. Silent space battles

3. Totally lack of space battles

4. Why no season 5 and 6 and several more 2 hour tv movies, spin offs!

5. NO PLASTIC MODEL KITS FROM THIS SERIES!!! That is fraking peesting me off!

Other than that, love what they are doing with BSG. Let's hope they give us more!

B

I'll take a wild guess here at the shows turn of events.

One thing they keep drilling home is "all this has happened before".

My guess is long ago the humans and Cylons had a nasty chase and battle etc. The humans found earth and settled there. The Cylons found Earth and wiped it out along with all the humans in space and on earth. Perhaps the space humans brouhgt an illness that wioped out earth and then the Cylons wiped them out when the Cylons discovered earth. The Cylons then had no real reason to exist as their only reason was to destroy the humans. So they created "skin jobs" to play the roles of humans. Once the new humans were created the whole history was relived.....again and again. Because all the humans are Cylons......they could be programed to follow the script of the historical records and the story plays out again and again. The Cylons being machines don't actually have the ability to think up their own destiny......so they keep reliving the past.

Becasue all the humans are cylons.....the humans have no clue what a human is and they think they are humans. Some cylons are different....hence the other humans call them skin job cylons........but in fact all the humans are clyons.

There you go.....that's my best guess. I really must discuss this with Alvis....

However if you watch the original pilot there's a scene where Col Tigh is taking uniforms out of the pilot's lockers when Starbuck and Boomer walk in on him. Surprisedm Col Tigh truns around rapidly and says one word, and it's not frack. It's the earth version, at least that's what it sounds like to me and has since it came out.

Greetings!

This is not the first time BSG has reminded me of Planet of the Apes- "Toad" has it right on!

The "Apes" were originally force-evolved by humans to serve as slaves, just as Cylons were human creations that got away from their masters (the original series described alien, reptillian creators, but that is an old, apparently discarded line).

Both shows are critical of mankind's deceptive, warlike tendencies that both apes and Cylons inherited.

The cooperation of Humans and Cylons, who seem more like us with every episode, brings out the hopeful side of this very dark iteration of BSG....at least there was no Statue of Liberty in the last episode!

I'll take a wild guess here at the shows turn of events.

One thing they keep drilling home is "all this has happened before".

My guess is long ago the humans and Cylons had a nasty chase and battle etc. The humans found earth and settled there. The Cylons found Earth and wiped it out along with all the humans in space and on earth. Perhaps the space humans brouhgt an illness that wioped out earth and then the Cylons wiped them out when the Cylons discovered earth. The Cylons then had no real reason to exist as their only reason was to destroy the humans. So they created "skin jobs" to play the roles of humans. Once the new humans were created the whole history was relived.....again and again. Because all the humans are Cylons......they could be programed to follow the script of the historical records and the story plays out again and again. The Cylons being machines don't actually have the ability to think up their own destiny......so they keep reliving the past.

Becasue all the humans are cylons.....the humans have no clue what a human is and they think they are humans. Some cylons are different....hence the other humans call them skin job cylons........but in fact all the humans are clyons.

There you go.....that's my best guess. I really must discuss this with Alvis....

In my best Keannu Reeves impersonation....

WHOA!!

What I don't like:

2. Silent space battles

I actually kind of like this. Recently hit home that they did this as well on Firefly. Since space is a vacuum, there would be no sound. I think its adds a bit more to the dramatic / "horror" of the scene. Kind of like watching a dogfight, you don't hear the other guy blow up unless it was a gun kill a right in front of you.

I actually kind of like this. Recently hit home that they did this as well on Firefly. Since space is a vacuum, there would be no sound. I think its adds a bit more to the dramatic / "horror" of the scene. Kind of like watching a dogfight, you don't hear the other guy blow up unless it was a gun kill a right in front of you.

Technically, if they wanted to do it right, there wouldn't be guys blowing up either.....they would just kinda pop.

The same reason there is no sound, there is no fire, hence no "blowing up"

Edited by paul.nortness
Technically, if they wanted to do it right, there wouldn't be guys blowing up either.....they would just kinda pop.

True but since this is a show and not documentary, there has to be some room for artistic / dramatic license :lol:

I follow you, but if oxygen tanks were carried onbord this can create flame/fire and and explosion. Just like the liquid oxygen carried by some rockets that create a flame in space.

Really?

sun_main.jpg

Okay, so a star isn't really the same type of explosion, it's a thermonuclear reaction, but it's still generating plasma, radiation, heat and light.

I would suppose that if there's enough O2, fuel and/or ordinance on board a vessel, there's an opportunity, if ever so brief, for some sort of visible combustion. More like a flashbulb (or series of flashbulbs as different combustibles ignite) going off than an atmospheric explosion as a result of a chemical reaction that we're accustomed to seeing. Even N2O (which can be used as a propellant) won't ignite, can and does explosively decompose in the presence of enough heat.

BTW - I'm still the fifth Cylon.

Edited by Trigger

Babylon 5 might have been the first to do that. They had music over the space battles, didn't they? I don't think they had sound effects like you have in star wars or star trek.

There is no sound in space, so the people got that right...

As for the series, I loved the ending, it set it up for everything to come next year...

I can see why some think that this earth was were it all begin, I like that idea and could see where it could be true, as it all has happened before..

I am hoping to see more to come from them and hope that they dont mess it up like they did with BSG 1980... atleast they found earth, the OBSG never did in the old series till 1980..

I loved thats all I gotta say..