32nd BK-117 B2 "Westpac Rescue"

Anthony,

If you manage accounts like you do modeling, the optical company you work for should be in great shape!

Very cool article, and the MEDEVAC is coming along fantastically.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Pete Brown

Hiya Pete, Tim & Daniel.

Pete, thanks and as they say mate........over worked and under paid. But of course, I get way more satisfaction on the modelling front. But it pays for my obsession!

Tim, yes the 145 arrived a couple of days ago. Did you not get my email? I also mentioned that I have an early PHI boxing of the Squirrel with the different doors if you are interested. Glad the 212 arrived safe n sound!

Daniel, thanks, I look forward to seeing your progress on the EC. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Thanks guys...........................now back to the BK for me. I am working on some of the upper cockpit structure.

Cheers

Anthony

Tim, yes the 145 arrived a couple of days ago. Did you not get my email? I also mentioned that I have an early PHI boxing of the Squirrel with the different doors if you are interested. Glad the 212 arrived safe n sound!

Anthony,

Glad it shipped OK. No email from you. I got a sealed PHI kit on Ebay for $7.50!

Any news on the AS 350 photos fron HNZ yet? You're on holiday...what's holding you up? :)

Tim

Thanks very much guys, really appreciate your feedback, it sure keeps me motivated!!

Klaus, cheers mate, your build is coming along amazingly my friend. I think we are pretty spoilt for inspiration here on this forum, I often browse through the amazing work here for motivation.

Georg, thanks you must just about be ready to close up the fuse on your Huey now?

Thanks Norbert, hows that Lynx coming along?

Remmington, I know what you mean. Sometimes you stumble on something and go "Whoa.....where did that come from!" glad you like it and cant wait to see your EC-135 get underway.

Well, I have been working on panelling the structure around the cockpit interior. I have the pilots side done and I will get a pic up when I have finished the stbd side...........unless you want a pic of the side I have done already.

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Ok ok.........here we go, but not much to see.

The 'B' pillar has plastic panels covering it. When I made the initial structure I made provision for this. It is just thin plasti card layered over it to represent them. The edges are buffed and rounded as per the actual machine. A careful study of photos helped me see where they all went.

IMG_9119.jpg

Notice how this panel protrudes at the top? This also sets up the window frame for the 'eyebrow' window.

IMG_9122.jpg

This plastic panel was also added on the rear face of it which is the final piece for the forward door opening.

IMG_9117a.jpg

And there you go.

I am working on the port upper piece now. This sets everythin up for the rest of the panels.

There will also be Archer fasteners added as per the actual machine prior to painting.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks very much guys, really appreciate your feedback, it sure keeps me motivated!!

Klaus, cheers mate, your build is coming along amazingly my friend. I think we are pretty spoilt for inspiration here on this forum, I often browse through the amazing work here for motivation.

Georg, thanks you must just about be ready to close up the fuse on your Huey now?

Thanks Norbert, hows that Lynx coming along?

Remmington, I know what you mean. Sometimes you stumble on something and go "Whoa.....where did that come from!" glad you like it and cant wait to see your EC-135 get underway.

Well, I have been working on panelling the structure around the cockpit interior. I have the pilots side done and I will get a pic up when I have finished the stbd side...........unless you want a pic of the side I have done already.

Cheers

Anthony

First of all, don't tell anybody... but I may do a Bell 206 modified to a Bell 407 in Airlife Denver colors for the GB as well.

Back on topic, you are horrible, I went out and bought a BK117 just so I could be like you today! haha

Seriously, this and the cutaway space shuttle have to be the best two builds on this site at the moment.

Awesome job

Anthony

You are mad.

I agree with Remington box Anthony's helo is the most impressive build on the site. What he does with styrene is pure talent. I wish I could see your build in real life. Fantastic job.....everytime.

Oliver

Hey, Remmington. That would be awesome to see a 407 conversion....................dont worry, your secret is safe! Thanks for your compliment, that Shuttle is amazing, but that guy is in a different league to me. Good on you for getting a BK, if there is anything I can do to help when it comes time to do yours, it would be a pleasure to help.

C'mon Oliver, you and I know thats not true, your Huey is the benchmark mate and I will be trawling the site and reading your build over and over when it comes to painting her properly. Any more compliments and I will be too scared to touch it in case I mess something up! I would love it if we were both closer to see each others builds. Nothing like getting together over a beer or cuppa like some of the others do here!

Thanks again gents for the motivation tho. I have finally managed to shape the port side top multi-curved panel ready for fitting and final blending...............phew. Time for bed, work in the morning!

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Just like with Oliver's Huey, do you prefer one big compliment in the end or one small at each update?!

Great work! You won't be able to tell the difference between your model and the real thing once it's done.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Have been getting a few PM's and emails asking if I am still working on my BK................yes indeed I am.

Not as much lately as I have been working on my real aeroplane rebuild. My engineer has given me a timeline to get a few things done and I have been burning the midnight oil working on the fuselage in preperation for some x-rays and repairs. So the poor ol BK has had to take a back seat. I have to have my jobs finished by this Saturday, so I will have time again to get back into the model again. Sometimes I think I have waaaay too much on my plate at times!

I have however nearly finshed the centre verticle consol (running from the roof to the floor) as well as making great progress on rebuilding the EC-145 rotorhead and blades.

I have taken tomorrow off work to work on the plane but will try to snap some pics and upload them if I get a chance.

Cheers for now

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Hiya Tim

Belynda and I brought an Auster T7 into the country. She has some cool RAF and RHKAAF history. The T7 is one of the last traditional Austers built and only 77 were built/converted off the production line. Now only a handful of these dual control trainers survive.

Here she is in Service. WE552 and is in an overall silver finish with yellow Trainer bands as well as dayglo panels.

AusterHKG-4-1.jpg

She has never been restored and we have most of the original military equipment, the aim is to have her flying in original condition......like the day she left the factory.

See, we learn something about our fellow modellers every day dont we

Cheers and thanks for the interest

Anthony

Nice work as per usual Anthony. I am struggling to get motivated at the moment with my own builds. I want to get the 1/48 Superhornet done so that I have an excuse to start my 1/48 UH-1D Bushranger. I suppose the fortunate thing there is that i'm waiting on a conversion set to be made up and haven't heard as yet as to whether it is ready.

Keep up the good work on the BK

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Doppel