4 Guys and 4 Tamiya Vipers

Today's progress consisted of poking the appropriate holes in the appropriate places on the fuselage and putting the gun panel, the little access door on the right side (I know..."little access door" isn't overly technical, but I have no idea what it's for :thumbsup:), the panel in front of the cockpit (the one with or without the bird slicers...AR ANG doesn't have the bird slicers), and, surprisingly enough, painting the main gear bay.

Viper9.jpg

Viper15.jpg

Viper14.jpg

Viper13.jpg

I actually didn't think I was going to go anywhere near painting white this soon because I was actually tring to avoid it for as long as I could :D. In case you're wondering...I used a toothpick to hold the gear bay for painting, and it kind of snapped off when i went to take it out :taunt:. Doesn't matter...covered intake :woo:!

Viper11.jpg

Viper10.jpg

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Oooo looks good looks good...

Man that white likes really nice...just throw a wash on and it'll look just as good as if it were regular paint only its not :lol:

PS...get in chat :D

Edited by AnthonyWan
You'll never finish it :)

It will be primed today.

Just a bit of advice for people going to use the Cross Delta F-16 stiffener plates is the nose plates need to have a drop of super glue used to make sure the plate doesn't come off. The adhesive on them is good for relatively flat surfaces but not rounded surfaces.

Edited by Super Hornet 88

Finally...FINALLY got the fuselage all closed up. A mini-battle with a nasty step there mating the front and back sections of the top half together (although I was expecting this from the last one I built), but I got it. There is still a microscopic, small, teeny-weeny step there, but unless you take a magnifying glass and study it, you won't really notice it.

Viper28.jpg

Viper29.jpg

Viper30.jpg

Tomorrow I'll asesmble the vertical stab (and maybe get it painted), put the little vent thing on behind the canopy on the starboard side, and if I can muster up the patience, I'll paint the nose gear bay.

Good job there..every update is a really nice and neat job,I like how you work!

sooo...where are the other companions?!?!?

they left you all alone buildin it?LOL LOL

Cheers and great work again!

:whistle:

Well, I got a little bit more done today than I actually thought I would. I'm hoping to get this thing ready for paint next week sometime. I must say that I'm a tad bit concerned...this build is going way too smoothly...:whistle:.

Got the nose gear bay painted, glossed, and the intake assembled all in one day :woot.gif::

Viper35.jpg

Viper31.jpg

Here's the intake assembly dry-fit to the fuselage. Just snapped into place...no fuss, no muss. Like I said...way too smoothly :woo::

Viper33.jpg

Viper32.jpg

Viper34.jpg

And of course, the vertical stab...just dry-fit, no glue yet:

Viper37.jpg

Viper36.jpg

Got the vertical stab painted and glossed today...ready for decals. Super_Hornet_88 calls my build style "weird", but for some odd reason I like to finish up the vertical stabs BEFORE I put them on the a/c.

Anyway, here goes:

Viper39.jpg

Viper40.jpg

Viper41.jpg

EDIT: excuse my dust. After looking at these pics, I notice it...sorry :thumbsup:.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Well, for me I don't want to have a gazillion paint sessions for every piece. One session for Neutral Gray parts, one session for Gunship Gray parts. :salute:

Doing some touch-ups for the Viper now.

Also I cannot find my camera......