Good aren't they? And just to reiterate - they weren't done by me, but by Maverick on the What If? forums.

And its one of those could-have-beens, in 1991 the JMSDF were reported to be interested in 4-8 UV-22s for long-range SAR, and an undisclosed number of SV-22s for ASW.

More Ospreys...

US Forestry Service UV-22C

_Observation

_Aerial tanker

_Insertion, resupply and extraction of smoke jumpers

V-22_USFS.jpg

Canadian Forces CV-122A

V-22_CF.jpg

Trigger, are you trying to put me in the poor house with all these sweet V-22 profiles? I have 2 in the stash right now, one is going to be a USCG white/orange bird, but I've got that yellow Canadian SAR profile you did up stuck in my head, and now that yellow/green UFS idea is just too eye catching to ignore. I wonder if I'll ever actually build a vanilla USMC battle bus?

Trigger, are you trying to put me in the poor house with all these sweet V-22 profiles?

Yes. We're all working together for that very purpose.

I have 2 in the stash right now, one is going to be a USCG white/orange bird, but I've got that yellow Canadian SAR profile you did up stuck in my head, and now that yellow/green UFS idea is just too eye catching to ignore. I wonder if I'll ever actually build a vanilla USMC battle bus?

Don't blame me for that really cool yellow Canadian SAR one. Blame GINge! It's not our fault the Osprey actually looks good in colorful schemes.

Edited by Trigger

I want to do two kits with the SAAF A-109 LUH scheme:

agusta.jpg

They'll be:

1/48 Academy AH-64D (in stash)

1/48 Italeri AH-1W (when I can get one)

There'll be more choppers in other SAAF colours when I can get around to them:

UH-1B gunship to be done in the Oryx dark earth/green scheme

UH-1D slick to be done in the Oryx dark earth/green scheme

MD-500 to be rebuilt as an A/OH-6 in a dark grey/black for spec ops use

I'd also like to do some UH-60 variants for the SAAF, SAN and a fictional South African Coast Guard (SACG)

Yes. We're all working together for that very purpose.

Well, that's just plain mean, then. Good thing I try to pick up all my 1/48 V-22s at Hobby Lobby when they have the big discounts...

Don't blame me for that really cool yellow Canadian SAR one. Blame GINge! It's not our fault the Osprey actually looks good in colorful schemes.

True, I should shake my internet fist at GINge (and credit where it's due) for that yellow SAR scheme. The more I look at it, the more I think I have to make one for the collection.

It does look good in the brighter schemes, doesn't it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, we had an ASW V-22 - where the name Osprey is really fitting - but did we have an AEW&C variant yet? Don't know whether the big radome of the Hawkeye would fit, but what about, say, the SAAB Erieye system? :huh:

Royal Navy markings! :salute:

What about a USCG AH-1S Cobra (SAINT) helo? Surface and Air INTerdiction platform.A load of Hellfires on each wing store for ground and Marine targets and a pair of Air to air missles on the edge of the wings for Air targets? Talk about Homeland and Maritime Security!!!! :lol:

I have the Italeri EH-101 HAS Merlin in 1/72 sitting on my workbench. So far I´m only sure that I won´t finish it in the OOB markings in a boring single-tone grey...

I´m thinking about two options:

1. Doing a RN Merlin, but giving it a neat two tone grey camoflage, similar to the Tiger Meet-version from Revell, or even do a three tone camo in different greys.

2. Doing a german navy Merlin (we need to get a new helo for our Seakings and the MH-90 looks like it needs another 10 years until he enters service... :) :woot.gif: ), similar camoflage like the Seaking, so it would have two greys and a dark green...

Any thoughts or ideas?

HAJO

2. Doing a german navy Merlin (we need to get a new helo for our Seakings and the MH-90 looks like it needs another 10 years until he enters service... :rolleyes::woot.gif: ), similar camoflage like the Seaking, so it would have two greys and a dark green...

2nd! 2nd! 2nd! 2nd! 2nd! :)

Gues what I tried to fake yesterday with Photoshop! :whistle:

Ja ja, ist ja gut..... :)

Wird gemacht!

(Translation: I´m going to do a german Marineflieger Merlin).

@ICE225: Where are you from? I´m born in Lübeck and now I live in Kiel...

HAJO

Edited by Hajo L.
@ICE225: Where are you from? I´m born in Lübeck and now I live in Kiel...

HAJO

Well - the numberplate of my car starts with KI... :)

That means we can both see the birds from the MFG 5 from our living rooms from time to time. I´m really looking forward to see your Merlin.

Can anyone help me with a photo-shop?

I am wanting to do a Queensland Police Service Apache Longbow D in white...

What I need is that on the tail in navy blue that "Queensland Police Service" be written, and that there should be a verticle set of navy blue checks down some part of the fueselage, bordered by a fluro orange stripe on each side.. Infact the rotar dome should be Fluro Orange as well..

No gun... But everything goes...

I am thinking a recon chopper with rescue capability..

This is the only pic I can find.. In the front is a red vehicle.. But I am looking to do the chopper in the white scheme with checker and fluro orange (Marlboro) stripes next to it.. Sorry I cant give a better pic...

ql_police_trdaurion01.jpg

Chris

Edited by Samurai_Chris