About 3

The number of the layers is right to me but you should vary the shade of the basic colors on each layer.

On this project, after the preshading, I have painted a layer of the basic color then have airbrushed the same color very thinned darkened almost overall from a certain distance but not with the same intensity on each part.

After that with the basic color lightened in 2-3 shades have done the touch-ups and spots with the paint well thinned and at very low pressure.

Simone.

Edited by f12aaa
l look forward to seeing it with decals on. The paint work is great! I presume the A21-29 you are doing is the 75 Squadron bird with either the large Magpie or Top Hat on the tail?

regards

Andrew

Yes it is,

but there is a bad problem with the decals for the lower part of the aircraft: they shall be in FS 35237 instead are printed in FS 36375 so the national roundels with the kangaroo are almost not visible once applied :thumbsup:

2i77k7a.jpg

I am currently having this discussion with another person on the Aussie Modeller International forum as I have had this issue also in the past and have spoken to the manufacturers about it. It appears that the issue is not the colour but with the printing companies. The film on which the decals are printed causes the colour to lighten apparantly and this is why this occurs. Novascale which sells on the Aussie eBay have released a grey roundel sheet which I'm trying to establish will fix this problem. I'm going to get some at some stage and overlay their roundel over the current one to see whether it resolves the problem. I hope this sheds some light for you you on the problem.

Regards

Andrew

Fantastic work so far Simone!! :salute:

Yes, the Aussie roundels are a major PITA problem that seems to effect a lot of the decals that are availiable. :nanner:

As Andrew said, there is a discussion going on about it here if your interested,

http://www.aussiemodeller.com/pages/discus...roup/forum.html

Keep up the great work, i'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler

Where did you get these decals from and where are the replacements coming from? I ask because unless they are darker in colour the new ones may be as light as the others. Have a look at the discussion on AMI as 'Gambler' mentions.

Regards

Andrew

Where did you get these decals from and where are the replacements coming from? I ask because unless they are darker in colour the new ones may be as light as the others. Have a look at the discussion on AMI as 'Gambler' mentions.

Regards

Andrew

I'm waiting from Hawkeye, they seem enough darker on the sheet, I hope will be the same once applied...

Best regards, Simone.

Edited by f12aaa

Looking great Simone! Can't wait to see it finished.

Scott is coming to the party and they're printing some replacement roundels.

I have some Hawkeye ones, and they're quite a bit darker. They're a little darker than intake warning markings on the AB sheet.

Edited by John Tavendale
beautiful bug..really amazing!what color have you used for the chrome part in the tail where will be attached the exhaust nozzles?

thanks

It's Xtracolor aluminium (enamel) over Tamiya gloss black (acryl).

Simone.