173rd Fighter Wings new Wing King

With a new commander comes a new Wing King.

The previous Wing King had been F-15C 79-0022, which was an ODS MiG-23 killer in a previous life.

The new Wing King is F-15C 78-0488, which was one of the F-15's that the Oregon Air Guard sent to Bulgaria, caught in this photo arriving at RAF Lakenheath a few years back:

HERE

And here is 78-0488 in it's new glam as the 173rds Wing King, also now sporting new nose art, "Disturbed" with a ghostly looking face. It's only visible in a few shots, and even then only zoomed, so you'd need the source pictures for that. But..here she is as of 1400 Hours today, it also shows the 173rds slightly updated and revised tail art, with a more detailed Eagle and bolder shadowing on the "173rd":

100_0277.jpg

100_0276.jpg

100_0275.jpg

More pics for those who want them, just ask!

I'm still sifting through just shy of 1000 photos, but here are some close ups of the 173rd's tail art, specifically the Eagles head and the "Oregon".

I'm also going to throw on a detail shot of the 173rds Emblem and a 3/4 profile shot of the Wing King.

100_0236.jpg

100_0302-2.jpg

100_0234.jpg

Regretably my up close picture of the Wing Kings noseart went belly up, here is a cropped and sharpened etc picture.

The noseart is the rock band "Disturbed"'s "smiley face" logo with Disturbed's name beneath it.

The Nose Art:

100_0264.jpg

And what it really is:

s1356r.gif

More to come once I sort them out.