Any word on when or if the new BSG kits will be out? They're supposed to be Gallactica, a new viper and raider right?

John

Are you talking the original series, or the new one? For the new series, I know some kits have been made be resin manufacturers, but I haven't heard of any mainstream plastic ones on the way. For the original series, the revamped Viper, Raider, and Base Star have been out for a number of months. Revell didn't reissue the Galactica kit, though.

Are you talking the original series, or the new one? For the new series, I know some kits have been made be resin manufacturers, but I haven't heard of any mainstream plastic ones on the way. For the original series, the revamped Viper, Raider, and Base Star have been out for a number of months. Revell didn't reissue the Galactica kit, though.

Revell was supposed to issue kits for the new series depending on how well the current releases sell. What I heard anyway. :thumbsup:

John

WOW a BSG discussion about models....AMAZING!! :)

Somehow I am almost doubting a ful injection molded kit will be released for anything in the series (and that includes Boomer) as it is already almost over and unless someone pulls a huge rabbit out of the at at the Nationals I just cannot see it happening. I think the model companies (aka Revell USA) view sci-fi as a kids area of building and they rightly think of BSG as not having too many 8-10 year olds watching it and bugging mom and dad for BSG models for thier birthday.

Though about 12 or 13 a plastic Boomer may peak thier interest some....

Matt

A coworker and myself have speculated that the show will live on in another form. Perhaps a spinoff, perhaps a drama about life on Earth coping with rebuilding humanity alongside cylons, perhaps something else entirely.

Pure speculation, of couse. After such a smash hit, though, it will be tempting for Sci-Fi to make a spin-off!

I saw both the old cylon raider and the old base star kits (new boxes) at my Hobby Lobby today. [EDIT: Oh, forgot, but I also saw the Viper Mk.I kit too.] Seems they're out and have hit the shelves!

Oddly enough, I saw "Han Solo's Millennium Falcon" (with a picture on the side showing a cockpit you can leave half-open with Chewie and Han inside) and the box was crisp and new.

Seems they're not limited to reissuing just BSG!

Edited by Mark M.

As I understand it, the original plan was to possibly issue new BSG kits based on sales of the reissues.

However, this plan was made before R/M was sold recently, they went ahead with the reissues only because they were working on them at the time of the sale.

The Star Wars kits at HobbyLobby are the RevellAG kits that R/M is importing.

Ken

I too would love to see some new BSG kits issued, but sadly I doubt it will ever happen. Uness someone out there has been keeping a huge surprise, it is not likely any of the kit makers will take such a gamble on the series that is winding down. (but I hope they do!)