I'm going to be the voice of dissention and say that we don't need another Tomcat GB. The "Gone but not forgotten "GB covers the F-14 so why start a separate one.

Stephen

Because i'm not a fast builder and i'm already doing a A-7 for the gone but not forgotten GB. I doubt i'd ever be able to do to kits in 1 GB time frame

I'm going to be the voice of dissention and say that we don't need another Tomcat GB. The "Gone but not forgotten "GB covers the F-14 so why start a separate one.

Stephen

One reason and one reason only.....the Tomcat kicks a ss. Nuff Said!

[dons flame suit]

Would there be room for REASONABLE what ifs in this GB? (Saudi F-14E/F)

[Raises heat shields]

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by paul.nortness
[dons flame suit]

Would there be room for REASONABLE what ifs in this GB? (Saudi F-14E/F)

[Raises heat shields]

I don't see why not.... I think even "what-if" Vietnamese or Greek or Sudanese or Brazilian F-14s would be ok... If it's a Tomcat, let's build it!

I don't see why not.... I think even "what-if" Vietnamese or Greek or Sudanese or Brazilian F-14s would be ok... If it's a Tomcat, let's build it!

Well, the E/F part has me worried about people burning "SACRELIGE" into my lawn...

I'm really curious to see what an F-14E/F would look like!... Whether or not there's a GB, I say build it!

-brian

(still looking for more info on the Advanced Tomcat concept - F-22isd intakes, forward fuselage blended into the body and revised wings. Would'a be cool.

I'm really curious to see what an F-14E/F would look like!... Whether or not there's a GB, I say build it!

-brian

(still looking for more info on the Advanced Tomcat concept - F-22isd intakes, forward fuselage blended into the body and revised wings. Would'a be cool.

I've always thought about building an ultra what-if "F-14E" with one of my spare Hasegawa 1/72 Cats....

Armed with AMRAAMs & AIM-9X, Phoenix/CFT palletes, Sniper XR pod, butt-load of JDAMs & LGBs, maybe even movable/rotating pylons on the wings like the Tornado....

Might just pop one of these out on my spare time.....

I've always thought about building an ultra what-if "F-14E" with one of my spare Hasegawa 1/72 Cats....

Armed with AMRAAMs & AIM-9X, Phoenix/CFT palletes, Sniper XR pod, butt-load of JDAMs & LGBs, maybe even movable/rotating pylons on the wings like the Tornado.... ]

I also had the idea to build a "F/A-14E" based on the "Tomcat 21" concept (single windscreen, full digital displays in the cockpit, embedded LANTIRN pods, Fowler flap/slats systems, extended fuselage and also a bunch of recent ordinance). I started to "surgeon" an old Italeri 1/48 kit, but never finished it.

In "modern" VF-114 markings... :crying2:

...aaaah what if the "Tomcat 21" had been approved in the 90s... :huh:

A Link for Rivet-Counters wanting a prototypical whiff for the GB: (I promise, not a rickroll or a cellphone popcorn)

http://www.topedge.com/alley/text/other/tomcat21.htm

This site has three "Tomcat 21"s described, each real, planned upgrades that were being considered.

Edited by sv51macross
Yeah it could be cool to start it at jan 2009!I'll get time to order my Cat! And how long usually run a GB?

Normally average about 4-6 months. I love that Banner Mario just had to use it lol.

Ok. I'll be in with F-14A BuNo161164, a F-14A of VF-84 wich is TARPS wired. If only was any TARPS pods available in 1/32 scale.....There is still nobody out there who produces it?

I would be reeaaaaaaally interested in a tomcat GB since I wasnt a member yet to do the past one!!!

so a "Tomcat GB - take 2" or a "anytime baby" would be veeeeery appreciated and I would join it immediately!!!

jan 2009 as it was said before could be a great date!!!

Cheers and hope this will be done

:salute:

Normally average about 4-6 months. I love that Banner Mario just had to use it lol.

THanks! :salute: I've got a couple more VF-2 Banners here, but I'll use mine as soon as we get an official green flag for this. Made a couple more banners for the '04 Tomcat Group Build, so I've got like 3 or 4 I made... Hope you like them!

Take Care

Edited by MaRiO FDZ