I loved the Mustang thread, So I thought let start one for my other Favorite Aircraft!

Heres what I have!

SV400096Resized.jpg

An F being restored as a E at Wigram, Christchurch NZ. New Zealand never flew F's

The rest are from Wings over Wairarapa 2007, Masterton, New Zealand

SV400037.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Not the greatest pics, but here's the Cavanaugh Museum's P-40. Pretty sure Jinxx caught it at an airshow in his fourth pic above.

Warhawkfrontangle.jpg

Warhawk.jpg

DCP_2570.jpg

Your shots look pretty good to me!

I caught it at the Dyess AFB open house in May.

First two shots are of "The Jackie C" of the American Airpower Museum.

302484737_DZL6q-L.jpg

302541191_zGyBf-L.jpg

Next two are of the P-40 owned by Warbirds Over Long Island

302540834_uz8g7-L.jpg

During his demo at the Jones Beach Air Show, the P-40 suffered a major oil leak. Pilot Bob Baranskas brought the plane home safely, despite losing his helmet while trying to see around an oil-covered windscreen.

300888503_2AYmh-L.jpg

Are 'Lopes Hope' and 'Holdin my own' in the right scheme? Desert? I'd heard of Kittyhawks in the CBI being in Desert camo but I'd never seen pics of them. Just seems strange to see two restored ones in a desert scheme.

Love to see more P-40s without sharkmouths though. The P-40 is my favorite WW II US fighter and anymore I go out of my way NOT to have sharkmouths on my builds! I've gotten that tired of them.

Matt

French P-40

Not French, the name on the nose notwithstanding. This one was built for the Chinese air force, impressed into the USAAF and saw service in New Guinea. It was abandoned there, recovered and taken to Australia on the 1970s. Since made airworthy. A pretty shot of a pretty example.

Edited by Bob Perry
By french I mean the registration. But thanks for the history lesson. :thumbsup:

I hadn't noticed the new registration, something more to add to my files. Thanks!

The last I heard of this machine it was in Australia. Brett Green had a walkaround over on HS, even had a picture of himself in the cockpit.

• 1 month later...