hey Ray,

what a good little project for her. :cheers:

Its good to see that your daughter is interested in the hobby, My eldest wants to start now she is 8 ,and has been watching me build my Kiowa,

which is good as most of the kids her age are only interested in computer games, and my youngest who is 3 has been sitting with me asking all types of questions. :unsure: :explode:

tell her cool job and to keep up the good work

:worship:

Brendon

Amelia,

Those are some fine looking helicopters you've built there!

I especially like the bright green one with the orange rotors.

Thanks for showing us your models.

Congratulations, and welcome to the helicopter forum.

Pete

As you can see she picked a rather subdued paint scheme for her bird as well a some interesting decals (I let he pick the placement). This one looks like a Haight-Ashbury Huey to me!

Ray

Reminds me of what Robin Williams said in Good Morning Vietnam....."When you are in the jungle, I can't see you. If you are going to fight....clash!"

Great to see you getting the youngins hooked. Hope they continue, but not like me. I am just getting back in after years and years.

Brandon

Amelia is starting a new project. This time it's the Revell 1/72 snaptite UH-1B. Anyway, while she did a little of the painting on the last bird, it appears that spray cans are kinda hard to use for 4 year olds. So this time daddy switched to a brush Vallejo acrylics. I have found these to be great for brush painting straight out of the bottle and they wash up with water, both great for working with kids. I thought I'd show a few "in-progress" shots of this build. Tip for the rest of you dad's out there, 15 mins is about all you'll get out of em at one sitting. Amelia painted the seats and the fuselage halves during this session. I just wanted to share the experience with all you guys who have been so supportive.

Ray

PICT9869.jpg

PICT9872.jpg

Edited by rotorwash

Amelia got a surprise package from Sean (Flyingfortress) today! I just wanted to thank you Sean for the package and show you how your gift was recieved. as you can see I think my 1 year old, Jack, may be a F-89 fan!

P1010578.jpg

Here Amelia attempts to read the instructions via mental telepathy:

P1010580.jpg

Finally, even the box provided entertainment as Amelia sets sail in her cardboard boat:

P1010582.jpg

They are sitting here beside me as I type ripping the newspaper you sent to shreds and having a great time. Thanks again, Sean!

Ray

Edited by rotorwash
Amelia is starting a new project. This time it's the Revell 1/72 snaptite UH-1B. Anyway, while she did a little of the painting on the last bird, it appears that spray cans are kinda hard to use for 4 year olds. So this time daddy switched to a brush Vallejo acrylics. I have found these to be great for brush painting straight out of the bottle and they wash up with water, both great for working with kids. I thought I'd show a few "in-progress" shots of this build. Tip for the rest of you dad's out there, 15 mins is about all you'll get out of em at one sitting. Amelia painted the seats and the fuselage halves during this session. I just wanted to share the experience with all you guys who have been so supportive.

Ray

PICT9869.jpg

PICT9872.jpg

:salute:

another great proget there amelia!

i got a good idea from you !!

now i will allways make a nice aple salad while i do my Hueys

!

HURRY, HURRY, they're still young. Maybe it's not too late yet !!!

Get them a beautiful slick fast flying fuel-to-noise converter quick & maybe they will turn out fine after all.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

...Amelia got a surprise package from Sean (Flyingfortress) today!...

P1010578.jpg

Look's like they still might have a chance... :D

Thanx Sean for showing these guy's the right path. :thumbsup:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

As little as Jack is,maybe he'll fit in the cockpit of the F-89? Glad the kids (and Dad) liked the kits and hope they have fun with them. Anything for the kids! :thumbsup:

Sean,

Since you sent 2.5 kits, I'm kinda thinking of putting the half kit together and giving it to Jack. He'll never know what's missing!

Ray

Well guys, thanks to all the support she has received, Amelia got busy on her second Huey and we finished putting it together today. This Revell kit, however, is pretty bad even as a snap kit. I ended up gluing a lot of parts after Amelia snapped them into place. However, this is AMELIA's build. Paint is all hers, colors were her choice, decals.....er stickers were chosen and placed by her, and most of the components were snapped together by her (not bad for a 4 year old!). Dad had to improvise with the tail rotor hub as I lost the kit part to the carpet monster. Charles, she must have learned from you cause to me her paint job makes this bird look old and dirty, although the markings give it a much more festive appearance than your dirty working birds! Anyway, I was very pleased to see that she made the markings symmetrical on the left and right on her own without any input from dad. So without further ado, Millie's second Huey.

Ray

PICT9948.jpg

PICT9946.jpg

PICT9949.jpg

Thanks for the support guys. don't you just love the juxtaposition of stars and skull and crossbones! Only a kid could come up with that!

Ray

Had my daughters building models also when they were pre-teens. Got a VW Beetle( snap ) out of one and a half built Bell 222 out of the other...wonder whatever happened to that kit?, before they decided that summer time wasn't model building time. You are right about the 15 minutes attention span if your lucky.

Heads up to the Heli group leader...hope you'll consider her entry as a winner.

• 5 months later...

What to do with a extra 1/32 Apache fuselage...........start em young, that's what! This is my son, Jack, and he is a helo nut at the tender age of 19 months. Every time he sees one he gets very excited. He had a death grip on the Apache.

Ray

PICT5915.jpg

Amelia got a surprise package from Sean (Flyingfortress) today! I just wanted to thank you Sean for the package and show you how your gift was recieved. as you can see I think my 1 year old, Jack, may be a F-89 fan!

P1010578.jpg

Ray

The little guy has that look on his face of " Now this is what I'm talking about, when do we start it!!....A great series of pix. They remind us that there are things a lot more important than slapping plastic together and slopping paint and glue all over it. Congratulations you have some great looking kids....

Thanks for saring you wonderful family's pictures with us!

The last picture with the Apache somehow reminds me of King Kong, only that this time King looks waaaay better!