Thanks for saring you wonderful family's pictures with us!

The last picture with the Apache somehow reminds me of King Kong, only that this time King looks waaaay better!

Thanks guys. Ameilai is actually slowly working on a new Firefighter Huey. It's all red plastic which I figured she'd like, but she has decided to do a Red/White/Blue patriotic firefighter instead. I'll post pics when she finally gets it done. I've posted a lot of stuff, but this thread is still one of my favorites. Thanks for all the great feedback. When the kids get older they'll be able to look back here and see what modeling is really all about. Great people and great fun.

Ray

Cool pic of the kid and the Apache, does almost border on child endangerment (it's an Apache after all). Can't say much, as when the Apache fly's over the house the daughter is outside looking at how such an ugly bird can fly. :thumbsup:

Cool pic of the kid and the Apache, does almost border on child endangerment (it's an Apache after all). Can't say much, as when the Apache fly's over the house the daughter is outside looking at how such an ugly bird can fly. :woot.gif:

Child endangerment? Tank, you clearly know my boy too well. of course the only children endangered were the other kids on the playground! The boy has quite the swing.

Ray

• 2 months later...

take one snap-tite kit with about 90% of the parts, add 1 20 month old budding rotorhead, a few minutes work and a few stickers (expertly placed by the boy) and you get my son's first build. And look at that, it's NOT a Huey!

Ray

PICT6874.JPG

PICT6875.JPG

• 1 year later...

Well it's that time of year again. Time to remind myself what modeling is really about. Having FUN!!!! Also, on a much sadder note, a student of mine lost their 21 month old little girl last weekend to a genetic disorder. I am so blessed to have two healthy children and I am determined to spend as many quality moments with them as possible. With that in mind, here are Amelia and Jack's newest builds (Sorry but the boy liked the jet). Amelia went with a Firefighter Huey in a rather fetching Haight-Ashbury cammo scheme (bet those gold rotors make you jealous don't they) and Jack, well he's Jack, what else is there to say. I realized very quickly that Jack had to lose the shirt or it was a goner. The smiles on their faces are worth a thousand contest trophies!

Ray

P1020924.JPG

P1020930.JPG

P1020931.JPG

P1020933.JPG

P1020934.JPG

Edited by rotorwash

Ray

Cool photos. Nice choice of colors on the helo and the jet. Gifted painters you have there.

Sorry to hear about that 21 year old moth baby...That must be the hardest thing in the world to loose.....having a kid myself. Prayers go to the family.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

Thanks guys. I read your comments to Amelia (in a few more months she'll be reading them to me). She is mighty proud of her gold rotors. I have broached the subject of trying for a more "realistic" paint job, but she likes the psychedelic look. I figure a rainbow Huey is better than no Huey at all!

Ray

I realize this forum is, for the most part, directed at serious modelers who strive for accuracy, but I couldn't resist posting a pic of my little girl's first helo. Amelia is four and a half and this is her first effort. It took us about 1.5 hours to complete. The decals (er stickers) are an Amelia original design. The younger rotorhead next to her is my boy, Jack. She was so excited to get to build with daddy that I see future helos coming soon. A nice diversion from the serious aspects of the hobby and some great family time.

Ray

PICT3506.jpg

Great kids and future modelers Ray. Puts a human face on your passion. Not all pictures of hands, and plastic, and exacto knives. And hmmm, haven't I seen one of the "chairs" somewhere before?

GT

Edited by AH6C-SIP
Raising 'em up right! Cute pictures, enjoy the age while you can, goes by soooo quickly.

John

John,

You ain't kidding. those pics from just a couple of years ago seem like a lifetime. they have grown so much. Thanks GT and Charlie. I read all the comments to Amelia. She loves being an internet star.

Ray