Monogram B-52D-finished today-new pix

I had been waiting for my "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" flags to come, and yesterday was the day. Spending some time last night and this afternoon I added them to the external stores, the fuselage "head knockers", and the outriggers. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I have enjoyed building it. It's done now what? Gary

Itsdone-a.jpg

Itsdone-b.jpg

Itsdone-c.jpg

That is one awesome BUFF! (I was originally going to say it was beautiful, but that sounds rather odd.) Really, just an outstanding build. What kind of mileage do you get going to work in that monster?

Looks just like mine, only done better. I built mine with the gear up and took advantage of the three lugs on the top and hung it from my ceiling. I had it over the tv for a while. Then one December day my pyro wife put a candle on the tv and lit it. It took a few seconds for me to realize what she had done. I leapt out of my chair, but was too late. The wing root melted all to hell. I did some major cutting along the panel lines and reconstructed the underside of the wing, but it was never quite the same. We are divorced now...

One thing I would do if I was starting that kit today, is saw off the kit MER racks and replace them with Hasegawa aftermarket MER racks. The kit racks are fat caricatures of MER racks. They barely resemble real ones. Its funny that they are so bad, considering that the rest of the kit seems to be very accurate.

What color did you use for the lighter shade of green? Its different than the lighter green of the Air Force SEA camo colors. Is it a SAC specific color? When I did mine many years ago, I had to mix up some paints to match color photos.

The RBF tags were ordered from Great Models (pretty good service I might add) and were produced by Eduard. The camo colors are what were called out in the kit instructions, and look right on to me. Paints are all Model Master. The tan color is SAC Bomber Tan, FS34021 MM#31992. The mid color green is SAC Bomber Green, FS34159 MM#1993. Finally, the dark green is MM Dark Green #1910. As seen in my pictures, the colors have all been lightened with white pastels to give a weathered look, so are not exactly the same as the straight colors. I believe these are the correct colors! Thanks again as always for the comments and encouraging remarks. Gary

Edited by LO51MERC