Colin:

It was mentioned at the banquet on Saturday night that the 2009 website will go llive in the next week or so. I am not sure what the host hotel will be for the convention, but I suspect that it will be the one attached to the convention venter (same as the previous Nats convention held in Columbus).

Mike

So, anyone know when the 2009 Nats site goes live? Also, who is going to be the host hotel for the event?
Well to answer the first question on 2010, we here in Phoenix plan on bidding. We hosted the 04 Nats without any major difficulties. I too see things changing in regards to the Nats. The Natioanl will have to take a much stronger role in the future to prevent what happened last year.

Jim

What happened last year?
So, anyone know when the 2009 Nats site goes live? Also, who is going to be the host hotel for the event?

Hi Colin,

The site will be at www.ipmsusa2009.org, and should go live around Sept 1st or so. I've got a bit of final detail to nail down, and then a final check of all the stuff, and some surprises to implement. You will be able to login to the site and check your registration status (tours booked, etc) and see a list of confirmed vendors, and some other neat stuff. I'm also gonna do an RSS feed of the articles so you can get notices as news is posted, and am still working on some other plans.

The host hotel is the Hyatt Regency, 350 N High St, Columbus, Oh

-Scott

IPMS/USA 2009 Webmaster/Registrar

Wayne,

Sorry - just got on the site, but I'm registration chairman for Columbus. The venue is the Greater Columbus Convention Center, hotel is the

Hyatt Regency at 350 N High Street. Our web site will be up August 10th (after I get back from Va Beach) at www.ipmsusa2009.org. Nothing

there yet, though. We look forward to seeing you in 09 in Columbus.

-Scott

Colin,

That is the answer that I got on another thread.

Wayne

Wayne, got a email from someone wanting tables for your show already and he confused me (Cincinnati) for Columbus...I sent it to a couple people there but want to make sure it gets to the right person

donaldflynn@fuse.net

I'm going to PM you also through the site here

Hi Colin,

The site will be at www.ipmsusa2009.org, and should go live around Sept 1st or so. I've got a bit of final detail to nail down, and then a final check of all the stuff, and some surprises to implement. You will be able to login to the site and check your registration status (tours booked, etc) and see a list of confirmed vendors, and some other neat stuff. I'm also gonna do an RSS feed of the articles so you can get notices as news is posted, and am still working on some other plans.

The host hotel is the Hyatt Regency, 350 N High St, Columbus, Oh

-Scott

IPMS/USA 2009 Webmaster/Registrar

What about themes, special awards, etc? These next 21 days might make the difference as to whether or not we get our projects done before your show next summer!

Is this the same hotel/facility as 1997? Has it been rebuilt at all? I remember that vendor room being very divided...

Can't wait in any case!

Paul

What about themes, special awards, etc? These next 21 days might make the difference as to whether or not we get our projects done before your show next summer!

Is this the same hotel/facility as 1997? Has it been rebuilt at all? I remember that vendor room being very divided...

Can't wait in any case!

Paul

The Theme is "Making History". Specials are not final yet, but think "decades", like "Best 20's", "Best 30's", etc.

Same facility, but it's been greatly expanded. The vendor area is expanded to include the area where the banquet was held last time, and

the banquet moved to a new room. The vendors area should be pretty sweet. Still negotiating the number of tables we'll have with the

fire marshall though. I suspect they want aisles wide enough to park their firetruck inside...

-Scott

What happened last year at Anaheim? I was there and had a great time. Was it a planning or execution problem that most convention goers might not see? I hearing people making comments, but don't know about what.

I was also at Anaheim last year and compared to Phoenix in '04, Anaheim did seem a little less organized. I have only attended 2 nationals, so I only have those 2 to compare. The registration the first day was the thing I noticed the most. Phoenix had your package of goodies ready to go in aphabetical order, Anaheim asked you to keep checking back with them to see when they might be ready. It was a minor thing, but something I noticed. There seemed to be more standing around not sure what to do by the people attending the convention that first day in Anaheim.

Oh, any possibility of sharing this info? Haha Im really hoping its not too far from the Charlotte area.

I know that my club considered for awhile putting in a bid for this years Nat's, but they wanted so much info so far in advance, that we decided we couldnt do it, so we ended up decided to have our own local show instead. I know Charlotte has a really nice convention center, and several very nice large hotels located within a few blocks of it, so it would be a pretty good location for a nat's I think.

...I've got an idea of who might be involved in 2011, but that's a LONG way off...

Boston would be a wonderful location!

The World Expo was held there a couple of years ago and was quite successful, so it is feasible to hold the IPMS Nats in that part of the country. I suspect the biggest challenge is simply gathering a group of individuals who are willing to commit the hours required to research locations, organize the show, etc. It would also be interesting to think outside the box to find additional revenue sources for locations that might otherwise be unaffordable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...