Time to get in to gear. Hope to get a couple of kits done for this GB. First up is a Hasegawa P-40. To the basic kit I'll add a few Eduard cockpit details and of course use a masking set for the canopy.

IMG_0002.jpg

Looking forward to see how yours comes out! Mines on hold for a couple more week's, till my local club has it build the same kit night in 3 weeks. I will get back into mine!

Progress is moving along nicely.

Didn't like the kit instrument panel so have used the Eduard one. Also added a few Eduard side panels and detail. Put a wash in and did some dry brushing. Might do a little more to give a more "worn" look.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Woooooow,that's an awesome work!!!!!

outstanding mate!

P.S: if i may....you could add some paint chipping for adding a bit of worn look!!!but I'm sure you'll know what to do :crying2:

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Edited by Jack-Swiss

Moving right along then.

Fuse is all buttened up. I first glued each of the tail sections to the foward fuse trying to get the best alignment. Then the completed fuse halves were glued together. There were some small gaps on the belly seam but I perfered to fix them than gaps on the sides.

Wing to fuse was ok but needed a bit of sanding to get good joints at the leading edge.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Excellent work there Heff! I hope she is going to be a Kiwi one.......8^)

Cheers

Anthony

But of course Anthony. "Gloria Lyons" to be exact.

The problem is however I just got marching orders for a new spot in the Middle East. This one is not conducive to carting around paint, airbrush etc etc. So I have to put the P-40 aside tomorrow. But I'll take a Panther tank with me. The travelling tool kit is relatively small for Armour. I have a CD with 412/212 photos on it for you. I'll get it to you once I get back to NZ.

Hey now worries mate. Duh!.....just reread your title "RNZAF P-40"

Hope your new posting goes well for you.

I'll shout you a beer when you get back to NZ ol chap.....but you wouldnt want to be here at the moment, its pretty cold!

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ
  • 2 months later...

Its not looking too good for beating the deadline. However progress is being made a small hiccup. When I removed the masking tape from the lower surfaces it pulled up some paint. So that put me back a day while I sanded the affected area and repainted.

The preshading on the undersides is quite good. The upper surfaces are good away from the white areas. To get the shading subtle a lot of white was put on to cover the shade lines. Then when the green camo went on the preshading was almost gone from adjacent the white area. So not a lot of preshade on the fuse forward of the tail. But it'll do.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Fired a couple of coats of future on to prep for the decals. Decals are from the Aeromaster RNZAF in WWII booklet. They are a bit thick and don't conform too well but they look ok.

Hope to get this one finished in the next couple of days. Only a bit overdue.

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Well, here it is. Only 8 days late. Those of you with a good eye will notice the lack of aerial and pitot tube. The model has to travel 7200 nm home so I leave these off for the trip.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg