Does anyone have photos of the Black Top Gun Hornet?

Hi there, :rofl:

I'm wondering if anyone is having any references for the Black Top Gun F/A-18B Hornet? I assume it's from 1992, but not sure. All photo I have seen is what is on the Hasegawa box :)

Greetings, neu :rofl:

www.deploymentproductions.com

Here's the 2 I have on Photobucket. This was the 94 or 95 Miramar airshow - can't remember off the top of my head. I have a write up about the jet in a few other threads, but would have to go searching for them.

So far, nobody's got the decals 100% perfect. The Superscale ones from a year or so ago are very nice. I originally hit them for not having the right canopy names but they had repainted the canopy at one point that I didn't know about. The only thing that's missing is that the Jet Intake text is actually in red...

Topgun00black.jpg

Topgun00black2.jpg

-brian

Thanks guys, it's looking good! The only thing I miss is the port side crew names! I want to make this as a profile! Dave are the names visible on your slides?

Greetings, neu :thumbsup:

crew names on the dragon diecast version i have of this jet are VADMR CALLEN on both sides under the canopy front and rear with ROCKY below that FRONT and SWEET PEA below the rear.

probably completely wrong? rest of the scheme is accurate though.

Here's a poor enlargement of the right side. When first painted and for the 1st half of the black scheme's tenure at Topgun, the names were the same on both sides. Note that after the initials there are periods.

I'll try searching the forums for my last post on this as I did a whole write up on why the black jet was done this way...

blackhornetnamesx.jpg

-brian

Thanks a lot! Can't wait to see your writeup and photos on this jet, it looks so cool! Once I've done that jet, drop me a mail, and I'll send you a print of this jet!

Greetings, neu :(

Here's a poor enlargement of the right side. When first painted and for the 1st half of the black scheme's tenure at Topgun, the names were the same on both sides. Note that after the initials there are periods.

I'll try searching the forums for my last post on this as I did a whole write up on why the black jet was done this way...

blackhornetnamesx.jpg

-brian

Thanks! I see these were taken exactly at the same show! So we can confirm it's 1995. This is a neat looking bird! As far as I know it's been repainted after to camo.

Guys,

I have the Hasegawa kit with the markings for this particular aircraft, but I have some reservations about the accuracy. Hasegawa provided a white star & bar for the top left wing, but I have an in-flight photo that appears to show NO markings at all over the top left wing! I even wonder if there was one under the right wing (Hasegawa provide one)

Anybody can confirm or deny?

Thaks

Daniel