Transport Wings 1/72 KC-10 KC-330 KC-767

Ditto.

I have motivation when I first start a model, and then move onto the next.

Thread hijack: Any updates on the Antonovs?

Still slowly working on them. I got distracted and wound up with over 20 in-progress projects. That's now back down to about 5, and most of those will be done in a month or two. Then I plan to go back to full speed on the Antonovs. Assuming I don't get distracted again.

Bruce

True, but the majority need the smaller cone--it'd be annoying (and IMHO a bit difficult) to have try to sand them all down evenly and get 3 identical finished cones. Also, I do think the taper's a bit different. I STILL haven't got 3 "even" cones for my NW DC-10-40. Cones are just hard shapes to deal with IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
That's great news. Any chance you would sell any improved detail parts and scribing templates separately? I already have your KC-10 kit from a while back and would be interested in having upgraded parts but I don't really need another set of the vac-formed parts.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce,

Sorry for the slow reply (my wife broke her leg) - yes it makes good sense to provide update packs. When you see the DC-10 on Hannants web site please contact me again.

Neil Gaunt. Aircraft In Miniature Limited.

Bruce,

Sorry for the slow reply (my wife broke her leg) - yes it makes good sense to provide update packs. When you see the DC-10 on Hannants web site please contact me again.

Neil Gaunt. Aircraft In Miniature Limited.

Sorry to hear about your wife - I hope she's doing okay now.

I'll check back in with you when I see the kit posted on Hannants.

Thanks,

Bruce

:DHi again Bruce,

You seem to suffer the same syndrome as me; Shinynewprojectitis, also known as procrastination, but I have much less reason to suffer from this syndrome as I don't attempt such big projects. Maybe if I completed a big one it might spur me on to greater heights.

:thumbsup:,

Ross.

Sorry to hear about your wife - I hope she's doing okay now.

I'll check back in with you when I see the kit posted on Hannants.

Thanks,

Bruce

Thanks for the good wishes, it will take about 3 months + for her to heal, so patience is the watchword. I expect she will set the metal detectors off when we travel in future!

NG

p.s Look our for some military 767s later in the year plus an Airbus!

Hiya Neil

Please tell me the 767's will also be in 72nd........................I just have to do an Air NZ one with the new winglets fitted.

I see the new A320's we are getting will have the new blended winglets, aparently we are the launch customer.

Cheers

Anthony...................any chance of a 777??? I know, wishful thinking

Edited by Anthony in NZ
Hiya Neil

Please tell me the 767's will also be in 72nd........................I just have to do an Air NZ one with the new winglets fitted.

I see the new A320's we are getting will have the new blended winglets, aparently we are the launch customer.

Cheers

Anthony...................any chance of a 777??? I know, wishful thinking

We have never done any other scale - that is why our website is www.aim72.co.uk !!! Seriously, I regard 1:72 os the most practical scale - w used to do a Bensen gyrocopter and a 747...

Neil Gaunt, Aircraft In Miniature Limited.

Neil - don't know if you're aware, but Boeing's web site is showing their KC-45 ("KC-767") with blended winglets. You might thnik about including them in the kit, since I think it's fairly likely the 767 is going to get the tanker contract eventually, and I'd bet money they'll have the winglets. Besides - they look cool!

:monkeydance:

J

Neil - don't know if you're aware, but Boeing's web site is showing their KC-45 ("KC-767") with blended winglets. You might thnik about including them in the kit, since I think it's fairly likely the 767 is going to get the tanker contract eventually, and I'd bet money they'll have the winglets. Besides - they look cool!

:jaw-dropping:

J

Agreed!

NG

Thats what the mould is for.

Neil Gaunt

Interesting answer!

Does this mean we might be blessed with a remold and sale of the 767 sometime soon? At least is it being considered? any thought of a 757 or 777? A380 or 787?

I eagerly await the DC-10!! Have you ever considered doing a L-1011 Tristar, georgous plane..or the A320, A330 and A340?

I was also wondering Neil, is the 747 kit that was re released in 2007 the same exact kit, with same parts and grey molded plastic that is currently for sale at Hannats. They have the same product numbers, but I was unsure if there have been any changes from 2007 to 2009 rereleases? Any advice would help..i am wondering if it is the same and worth getting the kit that they received August 2009.

Cheers,

AIM Fan!

Edited by Milanbaby

Hi Neil, thats great news about the 767.............and of course a dumb comment by me about the scale.....8^)

Is there any chance of a 300ER down the track so I can do an Air NZ one?

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions

Anthony

Interesting answer!

Does this mean we might be blessed with a remold and sale of the 767 sometime soon? At least is it being considered? any thought of a 757 or 777? A380 or 787?

I eagerly await the DC-10!! Have you ever considered doing a L-1011 Tristar, georgous plane..or the A320, A330 and A340?

I was also wondering Neil, is the 747 kit that was re released in 2007 the same exact kit, with same parts and grey molded plastic that is currently for sale at Hannats. They have the same product numbers, but I was unsure if there have been any changes from 2007 to 2009 re-releases? Any advice would help..i am wondering if it is the same and worth getting the kit that they received August 2009.

Cheers,

AIM Fan!

1 - The 2007 and 2009 747 releases are the same and this kit will not be revised until later.

2 - The vacform parts of the kits are the same, but the engines and pylons on the new kits are in resin and all parts except the vacform mouldings ae replaced by new ones based on CAD/CAM masters.

3 - The next 12 kits are all in planning, but we don't give details until they are ready for production in case of glitches! After these there are several where the masters are done, but the moulds need to be made....

Neil Gaunt

:)

J

Jennings, Do you have a link to the Boeing KC-45 with winglets details?

NG

Hi Neil, thats great news about the 767.............and of course a dumb comment by me about the scale.....8^)

Is there any chance of a 300ER down the track so I can do an Air NZ one?

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions

Anthony

Eventually, or we could supply a second fuselage to do a conversion.

Neil Gaunt

1 - The 2007 and 2009 747 releases are the same and this kit will not be revised until later.

2 - The vacform parts of the kits are the same, but the engines and pylons on the new kits are in resin and all parts except the vacform mouldings ae replaced by new ones based on CAD/CAM masters.

3 - The next 12 kits are all in planning, but we don't give details until they are ready for production in case of glitches! After these there are several where the masters are done, but the moulds need to be made....

Neil Gaunt

Happy New Year Neil and everyone!!

1. Sounds good...its an incredible kit! Were thety both molded in the dark grey plastic?

2. I assume you mean all kits re-released from 2007 until now are made with Resin parts, CAD/CAM etc..?

3. I will await the DC-10 happily in that case. I assume the 767 will be coming soon or is on the list as the mould exists from before 2005 kits list. Are you planning on making any new molds for Transport Wings kits that didnt exist in the past? How do you choose which new kits to make?

Cheers again Neil..thanks for the response!

Rich in Canada