I am trying to figure out which paint scheme to go with so yall please give your input on which one you like the best.

AH-10232_1280x861.jpg

AH-10089_1280x871.jpg

6611.jpg

6595.jpg

Thanks Ray for the help and photos.

Here are my pics of where I am at with the model.

PICT0183.jpg

PICT0187-1.jpg

PICT0188.jpg

PICT0189.jpg

Back to work for now. I will update later.

Brock

Looking good B-rock.

The "lotsa orange" trainer would be different. I'd go with that one.

Also, are you kit-bashing a Step III and a Monogram AH-1S? If not, the different colors are throwing me off.

Looks great!

EDIT:

Sorry....I see it isn't a step II. My bad.

Edited by B-1 Nut
Looking good B-rock.

The "lotsa orange" trainer would be different. I'd go with that one.

Also, are you kit-bashing a Step III and a Monogram AH-1S? If not, the different colors are throwing me off.

Looks great!

EDIT:

Sorry....I see it isn't a step II. My bad.

Brock,

Great work so far! I concur that the first pic with "lotsa orange" is the bird I'd do. I love that scheme.

Ray

PS: What's up with the toilet bowl? You doing a G model trainer I haven't seen?

Edited by rotorwash
Brock,

Great work so far! I concur that the first pic with "lotsa orange" is the bird I'd do. I love that scheme.

Ray

PS: What's up with the toilet bowl? You doing a G model trainer I haven't seen?

Agreed, lotsa orange & no toilet bowl

Ok guys here is the deal with the toilet bowl. I bought the Cobra Co. conversion kit to convert my J model cobra kit to a S model. Then I changed my mind at the last minute to build a Fort Rucker trainer as a G model. I know I have already glued the toilet bowl on so I did some research and came up with nothing on G model trainers with toilet bowls on them. We all know that some G models at the end of the war had the toilet bowl installed so I figured I would just go with it and leave it on. I can not find any pics to support the trainer with a toilet bowl installed but if anyone can find any pics please post on here because I would like to see them.

I have some gaps to fill up and then some sanding. I will post more pics of my progress later.

Thanks for looking,

Brock

Ok guys here is the deal with the toilet bowl. I bought the Cobra Co. conversion kit to convert my J model cobra kit to a S model. Then I changed my mind at the last minute to build a Fort Rucker trainer as a G model. I know I have already glued the toilet bowl on so I did some research and came up with nothing on G model trainers with toilet bowls on them. We all know that some G models at the end of the war had the toilet bowl installed so I figured I would just go with it and leave it on. I can not find any pics to support the trainer with a toilet bowl installed but if anyone can find any pics please post on here because I would like to see them.

I have some gaps to fill up and then some sanding. I will post more pics of my progress later.

Thanks for looking,

Brock

Brock,

I get it now. It seems unlikely that a G model trainer would have had the toilet bowl to me because they wouldn't ever need em at Rucker. Unless the system changed the performance of the helo and the pilots needed to train with em on. No reason why they couldn't have had em though. Should be an interesting looking bird when your done. Model on, sir!

Ray

Ray, I have to agree with ya on the no need for a toilet bowl on trainers. We had some UH-1's to come to Lowe AHP back around 2002 when I was at that field working UH-1's and UH-60's and the HUEY's had the toilet bowl's installed on them. The guard I THINK was turning them in and we put them in training colors to suck a few more hours out of them before the Army totally stopped flying the Huey. We removed the bowl on most of them but left it on maybe 2 or 3. Most mods are indeed removed that active duty or guard units put on their aircraft but some we leave on because it does not hender the student pilots.

Brock

• 1 month later...

Ok guys here is an update on the AH-1G Trainer. I have been super busy at home hear lately so working on models has been put on the back burner. I will have a little one in the house in about 7 weeks so it is time to hunker down and get some models done!

I removed the toilet bowl and since most everyone likes lotsa orange I decided to go with that as well.

I hope to start painting tomorrow after work.

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0072-1.jpg

PICT0071-3.jpg

PICT0070-1.jpg

Brock

Ok guys, you all wanted "LOTSA ORANGE" so here ya go,

PICT0080-3.jpg

PICT0081-1.jpg

PICT0082.jpg

PICT0083-3.jpg

Now I have to go back and touch up all the places where the orange did not cover up the white I sprayed before the orange. The most disapointing thing out of all of it is the 3 chunks of whatever that was loose in the cockpit decided to make a home on top of the gunners glare shield. Oh, and not to mention the fat finger print right in the middle of the canopy above the gunners head that is on the inside of the glass :deadhorse1::salute::worship:

So it appears I will have some work ahead of me.

Oh and I have no idea how I am going to get the big white buzz numbers for the side of the aircraft. I might be robbing from other decal sheets to get what I need.

Oh well, updates coming soon I hope.

Brock