Hi Guys

I have a couple of questions about the up coming IPMS Nationals at Virginia Beach.

I am coming from the U.K. and am a member of the UK society does that membership entitle me to compete in the US Nationals?

If I pre register and pay the $40.00 does that include my entry to the show or do I have to pay to enter the venue again?

I would like to compete however I see that there is a note about excreta! I have a model of a yak 18 which is from the box category which is built in a state of disrepair and has some Birds mess on the surfaces represented by paint. would this disqualify the model.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

John "Tigger" Wilkes

Have you e-mailed the event staff? They'll probably see it here and answer but the best course would be to e-mail the contacts on the National's website. There's a link on the upper righthand corner of the ARC home page.

I think the rules about poo are to "eliminate" (ooh, that's a bad one) the figures of Wehrmacht soldiers in ungraceful poses. There was a "stink" (ahh, I can't stand myself) about it a little while back. Avian weathering on a model is probably okay.

IPMS/USA honors overseas membership for the contest unless they've changed that this year, you should be good to go.

The $40.00 is a 1-time fee, you'll be issued a badge or pass that you keep to cover admission the rest of the show.

I would say what you discribe for the Yak will be ok.....I'll post a link where a VB Nats board member hangs out to wake him up....the IPMS/USA forums themselfs are off-line or I would ask there.

See you there :worship: , not entering myself but will be there all 4 days :o

Hi Guys

I have a couple of questions about the up coming IPMS Nationals at Virginia Beach.

I am coming from the U.K. and am a member of the UK society does that membership entitle me to compete in the US Nationals?

If I pre register and pay the $40.00 does that include my entry to the show or do I have to pay to enter the venue again?

I would like to compete however I see that there is a note about excreta! I have a model of a yak 18 which is from the box category which is built in a state of disrepair and has some Birds mess on the surfaces represented by paint. would this disqualify the model.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

John "Tigger" Wilkes

Hi Tigger-

A few answers:

1. IPMS memberships are honored worldwide, so far as I know, and I'll be sure to get a firm answer for you from Charles Landrum, our chairman.

2. If you pre-register for the convention, you will not need to pay to enter the venue again.

3. Such subtle weathering should cause no concern whatsoever, especially as we are intimately familiar with such deposits here on the Atlantic coast! :doh: That rule was put in place several years ago because a former member entered some graphically disgusting work... I won't elaborate, but suffice it to say it was incredibly offensive.

I look forward to seeing you here, and wish you a good journey!

Lynn

President, IPMS/Tidewater

Webmaster, 2008 IPMS/USA National Convention