Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1 Corsair

then you were saying that you would like to reach my skills?????

are you kiddin????

Thanks Jack!

I'm getting the hang of my airbrush, but on this build I left out the resin control surfaces and PE from the Verlinden detail set. Not brave enough for those things yet I suppose!

Brew

I made alot of progress over the past few days. I'm on the home stretch now!

Applied a good coat of future and took on the decals. I used Microset to get them in place, and a steady hand, Xacto knife, and Solvaset to get them snug in the panel lines.

I also did a simple wash of Tamiya black over the whole plane, I like my panel lines stark.

Gloss.jpg

Gloss1.jpg

However, I felt the decals were a little stark so I faded them a tad with Tamiya smoke at the same time that I did the exhaust staining.

After another coat of future to seal everything in, I let it cure and sprayed Polyscale flat. Flat coats are still my favorite step in the whole building process!

FlatCoat.jpg

FlatCoat1.jpg

FlatCoat2.jpg

FlatCoat3.jpg

I also ran into the same problem on the top of the headrest that I saw in the gear bays. I got the bays taken care of, so fixing the cockpit will be no big deal. Sure is an eyesore right now though! :whistle:

For the lights I just use a 000 brush to paint them silver, then go back with the apprpriate clear color. After spraying the model with a flat coat I put a drop of future on each light.

This pic was taken before adding the drops of Future, I'll take some more detailed pics of everything once it's finished

Lights.jpg

Tamiya Clear Red, Clear Orange, Clear Green