1:48 Revell EA-6B Prowler - pre-orders now being accepted!

A yawn for those of us with several or more of these in the stash. Now if they ever repopped the Intruder... I only have one A-6E kit left and since it seems that Trump will never get around to this most important attack aircraft in USN history, it may be gold Jerry, gold!

A yawn for those of us with several or more of these in the stash. Now if they ever repopped the Intruder... I only have one A-6E kit left and since it seems that Trump will never get around to this most important attack aircraft in USN history, it may be gold Jerry, gold!

I wouldnt say it is a yawn, I bought two the last time it came out, but would like another one. But as far as repopping the A-6, amen. I wodner if the molds are damaged or something?

I thought there was no chance that Revell were going to re-release it any time soon...

Propaganda by the evil minions to drive up prices on evilbay. :lol:

Just kidding. I'm sure people were actually given that info by reputable sources.

i must have missed the memo on this plane...why do people get so excited about it?

They've been out of production for a long time and go for BIG bucks on ebay. Plus Afterburner recently put out a kick-@$$

decal sheet for it (despite the lack of available kits at the time), so that made them even more desireable.

On the downside, most of the aftermarket needed to make it accurate for a modern bird was done by Meteor and therefore ALSO goes for big bucks on ebay. Hope DMold or somebody tackles this sometime before the re-release! They have plenty of time before 4th Quarter!

On the downside, most of the aftermarket needed to make it accurate for a modern bird was done by Meteor and therefore ALSO goes for big bucks on ebay. Hope DMold or somebody tackles this sometime before the re-release! They have plenty of time before 4th Quarter!

I know you said "most" but must plug BB (Avionix) for AM stuff which is still available. They have wing fold & cockpit. Also SS makes intakes and with major frustration (but possible), intakes & BB cockpit will work together, just no open boarding ladder down.

Oh yea, Steel beach intake covers.....

Edited by drhornii

I don't know about accuracy, but Avionix still makes the old black box cockpit upgrade and wing-fold set for this kit.

I saw it on their site yesterday. Cockpit $31, wing-fold $52. And these wing-folds are the entire resin wings....none of that cut the kit wings in half stuff.

JED

Do I need to get my tinfoil hat out? I was just nosing around sites the other night looking for a Prowler to add to the stash, not really sure why, just had a "hankerin" for an EA-6B...

I'll have to see if I have any allowance left to pre-order one of these soon.

If this has been re-tooled to fix up the problems from the original release, then it would be worth buying. But to buy the kit then all the add-ons to make it a decent kit, I may as well buy a 1:1 Prowler. Would probalby be cheaper.... :soapbox: (I'm climbing off it now!!) I could also fly this one around without the Mrs shaking her head at me, plus there's room in the back for the kids!! :) Everyone's a winner!!!!