1:48 Revell EA-6B Prowler - pre-orders now being accepted!

Interesting turn of events isn't it Gordon? This took me by surprise.........time to call ******* and ask what happened to the previous deal being worked.

Oh well, time to get those EA-6B sheets to print and make room for the 36 kits I'll be pre-ordering!

Dave

Are there as many as 36 different squadrons?

Will you be doing a correction for the kit.

From what I read there are a lot of small problems and a couple of major ones thrown in with every box...

And then you have to rescribe the panel lines because you will lose a lot when you fill it...

Another Monogram classic that is... raised panel lines.

The kit wings were re-used from the A-6 kit. There are differences between the two aircraft as someone will definitely chime in after my post.

I'm in the same boat Darren is in (the kit looks pretty much the part OOB, certainly expensive to correct through aftermarket) but just to clarify for him, there exists some armor plating on the bottom of the A-6 intruder wing that was not present on the EA-6B's wing, which will have to be sanded off. Likewise, the shape of the wingfolds I believe is different between the two aircraft, and the kit wingfold is representative of the Intruder type. There may be more, but I believe these are the two "big ones" wherein the wing is concerned.

Skull Leader got it right. Reading some material people wrote on the EA-6B, its just mainly the absence of the armor plating on the underside, sanding down some of the wingfold mechs on the wings, and the scratchbuilding of some of the antennae, and it'll look right. The only thing I'd consider to do with the OOB kit is to use the Avionix cockpit to upgrade it to ICAP 3 specs.

Now to get a sheet of AFB Jammin' Jihad Prowlers...that camo scheme seems really strange for an operational Navy a/c.

I just had to do it and order one up..........I need another jet like another hole in the head.....if they re-release the Intruder, "I'll be going through the big D and don't mean Dallas".

Jeff

Jack: I was referring to the point that for those who just want an acceptable looking Prowler, that most of the glaring errors are going to be addressed by the mods I said. I do have a question though, regarding the wingfold mechs. How different are the ones between the A-6E and the EA-6B?

Could this be a Rick Roll? It does appear to be a hobby link japan link...but I am still leery... :thumbsup:

On second thought, I did click it and they are selling the Revell 1/48 for like $18 bucks...anyone know the story of this?

Don't know the story, but when I tried to order one the other day, it said they were sold out.

Apart from the fact that has been OoP for ages. What's the big deal about this kit? IMHO it's not that inspiring a subject

Mind you I cant' see the fuss over the F-22 (as a model subject) either :thumbsup:

Still for those that are interested, good to see you'll save some cash, hell I might even buy a couple then put them away to sell in a couple of years :thumbsup:

Some modelers are into Prowlers and Raptors like some are into Scooters.
On second thought, I did click it and they are selling the Revell 1/48 for like $18 bucks...anyone know the story of this?

Revell kits in Japan are very expensive due to there being only one importer IIRC, the original price was $55 or so.

And the box is too large for small packet shipping, so you're looking at another $35 or so to ship it.

So that meant they didn't sell many at full price.

Same thing happened with HLJ and the big 1/35 Leopold railgun put out by Dragon, they marked the kits down to half and still couldn't get rid of them due to the shipping cost, which IIRC exceeded the cost of the kit by $20 or so.

Ken

Calender year. Hopefully in time for Santa, but within the Sept-Dec range (fingers crossed).

Does anyone know if the release date is 4th quarter of fiscal year 2008 (which would make it a late September release) or calender year 2008, & have to wait till the holiday season is upon us?

Chris Ish

I'd like to get one of these eventually, but right now, I really can't justify adding it to the stash. Plus I have to save up for the upcoming 1/35 M198!

Forgive my ignorance, I don't recall what that is ?

Mark

Forgive my ignorance, I don't recall what that is ?

Mark

Not to take this thread off track, but it's the towed 155mm howitzer that is being phased out of the inventory by the M777. Trump has announced a kit of it coming later this year. I've wanted one for a long, long time.

To get back on topic, I'll have to get a Prowler at some point since I want to model as many USMC platforms as possible.

Fourth Quarter = Sept 1 to Dec 31 (technically speaking)

Please keep in mind this is the projected date. As you all know, sometimes unexpected delays happen.

NOTE - I am not trying to suggest there is going to be a delay, but stuff does happen in the real world

shion,

Shipping cost is just an estimate at this time since we do not have the kit (weight and dimensions not known). If they use the same size box as the previous releases, it will likely be fairly accurate. The shipping cost for international orders will be high because the box size is to large to ship via the less expsenive 1st Class Mail International rate. It would have to ship via Priority Mail International or EMS service.

Gordon