Anyone deal with Chris Byrne from Burlington Ontario (CANADA) ????

Just wondering Since I sent him a 1/48 Accurate Miniatures SBD in a trade and have not received anything (suppsoe to be a 1/71 Hasegawa S2F1 w/Pavala set) from him and he has not answered 4 emails over the past month??

I sent the kit to Canada from USA on June 16th via 1st Class INternational whoch meant he recevied it 5-10 days from shipping).

Sounds like I may have been taken??

100's of deals and this would be my second time getting burnt. The other was George Matios from Greece....cost me $79.50 in kits & shipping.

Steve,

I sent the kit to Canada from USA on June 16th via 1st Class INternational whoch meant he recevied it 5-10 days from shipping).
Steve, might want to ask around and get the word from some of our Canadian friends, but it seems Canadian postal service is anything but stellar and has taken a substantially long time to arrive going to or coming from Canada. Several weeks in some cases regardless of the type of shipping chosen.

Once it crosses the Canadian border, it's at the whims of Canada Post.

BTW - I was on business in KS the last week or so. I have the Soccer War Corsair, did you have something to trade or what was the deal there? I remember you mentioning it. PM, email of call my cell this week.

Any packages in or out of Canada can take 8 weeks or more. I'm not saying this is what happened........but I do know the delivery times of Canada posts are slower than any third world country.

There may be some isolated local issues, but generally Canada Post isn't *that* terrible. If it was sent June 16th, he should have it by now. I had a kit sent out First Class International, the last week of June (probably ~23rd), and it arrived two weeks later, on 7 July. That's pretty standard, per my experience - about 10 working days, give or take (usually give).

The one potential wrench is Canada Customs, who *can* throw the schedule out the window. If it gets picked up by Customs, you could add a day or two, possibly even a week or two. The length of time they hold a parcel is directly proportional to just how much you want it. I had another parcel sent out (Priority Int'l) July 2, arrived at customs on either the 10th or 11th (can't recall), and I'm *hoping* should be here by Wednesday. Well, I'm *hoping* it'll be here tomorrow, but that ain't gonna happen. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with MoFo on this, never waited more then 10 bus. days for anything from the states. Canada Customs on the other hand can s%$k rocks for all I care (been nailed a couple of times).

Don

Quick update, the above-mentioned parcel DID arrive today (wheeee!). Just to get a feeling for some other recent US - Canada shipping times. So that was two weeks for First Class Int'l, a week and a half for Priority.

So a month is *way* over due. If it hasn't 'disappeared', my guess would be customs are having their filthy way with it. But even then, a month is a looooong time to have to clear customs, so while I wouldn't be shocked if they still had it, I wouldn't be shocked if it had 'disappeared' either.

Edited by MoFo

I ordered a package from the southern US....it was mailed May 25.......I'm still waiting. I know it was mailed as I have tracking #'s etc. This does not happen in the majority of cases.....but it does happen fairly regularly.

Envelopes such as decals don't seem to be as affected as much as parcals, but I had some Zotz decals from Mexico that got seriously sidetracked........they were opened by Customs Canada.......an envelope of decals?!?!