AMS FJ-4 Fury Cockpit Set Review

I just got this in the mail today, and it is great!

For those of you building a Hobby Boss FJ-4 Fury, you will definitely want to pick up one of these. This is a beautiful set that will really enhance the kit, as the kit cockpit sucks a big one. The set also comes with a replacement rudder and exhaust wich are very nice as well (I just couldn't get a good picture). I had a chance to do a quick dry fit, and it looks to fit quite well, with just the removal of a bit of plastic. I think this will be a limited run, so get one while you can. I know Harold will chime in with the details. Thanks again Harold, great job as usual!

Cheers,

-Doug :)

FJ4_1.jpg

FJ4_2.jpg

FJ4_3.jpg

FJ4_4.jpg

Edited by dsmith
Thanks for posting Doug.

It will be a limited run, until I do a better seat that will de-mold without destroying itself. I am working on that right now.

Cheers,

Harold

Beautiful work...great detail.... :cheers:

Harold,

that is a terrific master you've just made. think you may be able to be on par with Black Box and Aires one day

drPepper

If only I had the resources and workshops they have.

I would love to do bigger and better things. However, I am on a limited budget.

Cheers,

Harold

If only I had the resources and workshops they have.

I would love to do bigger and better things. However, I am on a limited budget.

Boy, isn't that the truth. If I could produce all the ideas I have, I would have at least 200 items in my catalogue by now :wave:

Cheers,

-Doug :pray:

Edited by dsmith
Boy, isn't that the truth. If I could produce all the ideas I have, I would have at least 200 items in my catalogue by now :thumbsup:

Cheers,

-Doug :thumbsup:

Hey, maybe we should list our "want to does" on our web sites. Maybe the ARCers would chip in and help out getting them done. (just joking about the chipping in)

Harold,

My compliments,the cockpit/seat assembly look absolutely Great ! Especially since I was just drooling over the Fury last night. When can we look for the product to be available ? These items will definitely dress up the Fury builds. Costs ? Once agin, Thanks :unsure:

Harold,

My compliments,the cockpit/seat assembly look absolutely Great ! Especially since I was just drooling over the Fury last night. When can we look for the product to be available ? These items will definitely dress up the Fury builds. Costs ? Once agin, Thanks :thumbsup:

They are limited production right now.

Check my site for info.

I do have 4 of them ready right now at $29 shipped in the US....

http://mysite.verizon.net/resqt29j/

Just received my copy from Harold and it is even better than the review pics. Comes in light gray resin and my copy is flawless! By Jove old boy you have outdone yourself this time. I am very very tempted to set aside my already way over time-table and budget F-100 and crank out a Fury. If I do all the blame lies at Harold's feet.

If you have any inclination to build the Hobby Boss FJ-4 then get this set is is very, very well done. All you will need to do it trim paint and brag!

Regards,

Mike

I just received my cockpit set as well and I have to echo what the other have said...... WOW!!!!

Superb work Harold!!!! Truly an excellent piece of work.

:salute:

Mark

Those F-4 intakes aren't too shabby either. I pulled mine from the bag and they fit like a dream. All I really have to do is simply paint and fit.

Thanks again Harold!

I just received my cockpit set as well and I have to echo what the other have said...... WOW!!!!

Superb work Harold!!!! Truly an excellent piece of work.

:salute:

Mark

Those F-4 intakes aren't too shabby either. I pulled mine from the bag and they fit like a dream. All I really have to do is simply paint and fit.

Thanks again Harold!

Thanks all for the nice comments.

I do the best I can to make things looks real and also fit.

Now, all I need is, to do this full time. I could really turn out some goodies.

I can dream can't I?

I have got to add my thanks to Harold for getting two sets off to me so quickly. The quality of these sets is really great.

The seat alone is a work of art, I can see why there was problems getting it from the mold.

If you are doing a Fury you need one of these sets.

Julien :salute:

I have got to add my thanks to Harold for getting two sets off to me so quickly. The quality of these sets is really great.

The seat alone is a work of art, I can see why there was problems getting it from the mold.

If you are doing a Fury you need one of these sets.

Julien :thumbsup:

Thanks Julien.

I am getting a bit better on the seats castings. They aren't perfect, but still better.

I now have 6 sets available, as of right now.

These sets will fit the old Matchbox kit with a little fitting. (I'm not sure if anyone is into pain, though)

Cheers,

Harold

These sets will fit the old Matchbox kit with a little fitting. (I'm not sure if anyone is into pain, though)

Cheers,

Harold

Thats where one of mine is going! I have your cockpit set and 2 Photo etch sets to go into it. Its not too bad a kit, and for a long time was the only game in town!

Julien

Thats where one of mine is going! I have your cockpit set and 2 Photo etch sets to go into it. Its not too bad a kit, and for a long time was the only game in town!

Julien

I worked one one some time ago. Some really good modelers can make this one a killer.

Let me know how it fits. I got mine to fit with a little work on the rear decking, that was about it.

I wish you mentioned that one was for this kit. I actually have the exhaust and rudder to fit it too.

They are a bit different for the HB kit. Take a look at the rear, you'll see what I am talking about.

I wish you mentioned that one was for this kit. I actually have the exhaust and rudder to fit it too.

They are a bit different for the HB kit. Take a look at the rear, you'll see what I am talking about.

Harold,

you already sold me a set of those bits for the MB kit!

Julien

I just ordered a Hobby Boss FJ-4 and its on the way. I will definitely keep this cockpit set in mind when I get around to building my Fury. RIght now, though, I've got a CH-46E on the table with a request to build a V-22 for someone that will be taking up most of my building time.