- Sky's Decals - New IAF Spitfire and F-16 Decals for all scale

I can't say on those, as I only have the 1/32 Academy and Tamiya kits, but I would guess that most of the F-16 kits out there are pretty much the same (or close enough) dimension wise that most decals would be usable on any of them with minimal adjustment.

Edited by jburch
Sorry for the confuse .we have already corrected the files. Do not worry about that. Also microscale guaranteed for color match to be more correct than the last print.

But is there a way for buyers of the initial run to get the update parts..?

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Why to think over which decal set to buy and why buying a decal set and then buying a complementary decal set when you have a complete and more accurate decal set, in two scales (1/48 & 1/32 for Barak and 1/48 & 1/72 for Sufa) made by the same person which design the real tail arts?

I think that the sets design by Netanel are good but not exactly accurate: the new tail art for the First Jet Sqd. is not accurate in shape and colors and match only the prototype aircraft of the sqd which was painted.

Isradecal gives you also prototype tail art and the new one. Next, the art in the right ECM tail boom of the Knights of the North Barak sqd is reversed. (i notice only two examples in a quick view. I guess there be others).

In an accurate and expensive hobbie like ours, you expect to recive aftermarkets in a high standard making every penny you pay an investment. Thats what i feel when i buy stuff from Isradecal.

My 2 "Agorot" (Israeli penny...)

Edited by toolo12
Why to think over which decal set to buy and why buying a decal set and then buying a complementary decal set when you have a complete and more accurate decal set, in two scales (1/48 & 1/32 for Barak and 1/48 & 1/72 for Sufa) made by the same person which design the real tail arts?

I think there's a market for both Isra's and Netanel's sets. If you only build one scale and think you may do more than one Israeli bird of a different model, then the Sky's set is great. If you might build two baraks in different scales, go for the ISra set. If price is an issue, you'll probably find the Sky set less expensive, and it does have a lot of bang for the buck there, although you have to buy the stencils separately unless you have kit stencils to use. It is a little unfortunate that he reprinted the sheets with new art though, since most of the retailers already have stock of the first one and you'll have to order it direct from him in Israel, increasing the price.

To each their own.

Edited by thetoe17
  • 2 years later...

I think that the sets design by Netanel are good but not exactly accurate: the new tail art for the First Jet Sqd. is not accurate in shape and colors and match only the prototype aircraft of the sqd which was painted.

Isradecal gives you also prototype tail art and the new one. Next, the art in the right ECM tail boom of the Knights of the North Barak sqd is reversed. (i notice only two examples in a quick view. I guess there be others).

In an accurate and expensive hobbie like ours, you expect to recive aftermarkets in a high standard making every penny you pay an investment. Thats what i feel when i buy stuff from Isradecal.

My 2 "Agorot" (Israeli penny...)

Why pay a premium price when they no longer user cartograf? I got 2 expensive Isra sheets and they were printed by aviprint? I felt ripped off.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, but for about 30-40 dollars if buy the combined sky's sheet, it is more value than the isradecal-ex. the f-16i decals are 20, the barak decals are 20, and the netz decals are 20=60dollars, whereas w/ the sky;s you get ALL of the markings and stencils. and i think in some cases the sky's is better value.just my 2 cents.....

Edited by maly149

Why pay a premium price when they no longer user cartograf? I got 2 expensive Isra sheets and they were printed by aviprint? I felt ripped off.

yeah, but for about 30-40 dollars if buy the combined sky's sheet, it is more value than the isradecal-ex. the f-16i decals are 20, the barak decals are 20, and the netz decals are 20=60dollars, whereas w/ the sky;s you get ALL of the markings and stencils. and i think in some cases the sky's is better value.just my 2 cents.....

I have found Skys Decals F-15I Ra`am set to be superior to Isradecal in terms of quality, accuracy, options, and cost. The only thing is that I`ve found them a little harder to work with due to them being thinner, but many will see them being thinner as an advantage. They adhere better to the model (especially larger decals) and Skys gives you `extras` such as weapon, pylon and fuel tank decals especially in 72nd scale.

There has been talk here on ARC about silvering on some recent Isra decals which I concur with.

I like a great many Isra products, but they are the best option only some of the time, not every time, and a little research goes a long way. The fact that more than one company is covering Israeli subjects is good for the modeller, and that mainstream companies are assimilating IDF subjects into their standing product lines is allowing greater choice, also good for the modeller.

Cheers, Ian

I have found Skys Decals F-15I Ra`am set to be superior to Isradecal in terms of quality, accuracy, options, and cost. The only thing is that I`ve found them a little harder to work with due to them being thinner, but many will see them being thinner as an advantage. They adhere better to the model (especially larger decals) and Skys gives you `extras` such as weapon, pylon and fuel tank decals especially in 72nd scale.

There has been talk here on ARC about silvering on some recent Isra decals which I concur with.

I like a great many Isra products, but they are the best option only some of the time, not every time, and a little research goes a long way. The fact that more than one company is covering Israeli subjects is good for the modeller, and that mainstream companies are assimilating IDF subjects into their standing product lines is allowing greater choice, also good for the modeller.

Cheers, Ian

i agree. :sunrevolves: also w/ sky the give you some weapons , fuel tanks etc decals. isra duzn't.

Edited by maly149
  • 3 months later...

As much as I hate to say it, I have to disagree with the quality of Sky's decals. I have tried to use them twice and had very issues both times. I used them first on my 1/72 E-2C Hawkeye to do an Israeli Daya, and the nose numbers were wrong (both numbers given and style of number) and the other decals were over scale - they were too big to be 1/72. I ended up using Almark badges for the squadron basge and Isradecals roundels. The only part of the sheet that was any use was the Hebrew stencilling on the propellor blades. The second time was on a Hasegawa 1/72 AH-1 Cobra and the snake scales out around 1/60, not 1/72. Every part had to be cut to fit and the head has to be cut into 8 pieces to get it small enough to fit.

I want to order the F-16 sheet as I want to do the Barak from First Jet Squadron on the new markings in 1/72 and no one else does them yet, but I'm scared that the decals will be too big again. I don't think the artwork has ever been tested on a model before being released.