Some photos from Ellington

Hello all, i've been practicing a lot with photo composition and getting tips from many people on shooting subjects and i was hoping to get some extra tips anybody might have for shooting and also perhaps editing with photoshop. I am posting some pics to show what ive been doing so far. Any help/criticism is very much appreciated. Thanks Zach :thumbsup:

posts1.jpg

posts.jpg

posts9.jpg

posts8.jpg

posts7.jpg

posts6.jpg

posts5.jpg

awesome shots. i used to hang out at Ellington several years ago and try to catch the transit birds. never had as many good stuff as you've shot, but it was a fun place to shoot. keep em coming.

Bill

btw, is that an A-4 in the background of the second shot? you get any shots of that plane?

Edited by niart17
Thanks Aaron. Im with ya on the Fresno birds, those are some sweet markings.

Zach

That was THE ONLY cool thing about the days after September 11. They were the only thing in the air for about two weeks. Most of their missions were flown over San Francisco, Sacramento and a couple other big cities, but they (And the Lemoore F/A-18's) were over Fresno pretty regularly as well.

On a more positive note, they did a flyby of our church building when I was down there. They were so low I waved at the pilots and saw one wave back. That was pretty cool.

Aaron

Nice Shots!! What kind of camera and lenses are you using? I just bought an I am a spammer....please report this post. 400D and thinking of picking up the hobby again.

Can you get close to the F-16's at Fresno? Next week i will be there on vacation.

Greets Jan P

Thanks for all the comments fellas. Its very much appreciated

awesome shots. i used to hang out at Ellington several years ago and try to catch the transit birds. never had as many good stuff as you've shot, but it was a fun place to shoot. keep em coming.

Bill

btw, is that an A-4 in the background of the second shot? you get any shots of that plane?

Yes it is an A-4 and here's a pic of it taxiing. Its a Collings Foundation bird

32253.jpg

Nice Shots!! What kind of camera and lenses are you using? I just bought an I am a spammer....please report this post. 400D and thinking of picking up the hobby again.

Can you get close to the F-16's at Fresno? Next week i will be there on vacation.

Greets Jan P

Thats what i have is a 400D and its a great camera. For the lenses i alternate between the standard 18-55mm and the 28-135mm on the static shots. For my takeoff shots like the pics of the EA-6B and the Hornet, i use the Canon 100-400mm L IS lens. About your question at Fresno i honestly have no idea, you could try contacting the PAO out there and see what they say.

Hi Zach,

You're really getting into the swing of this :thumbsup:

Superb shots for the most part. I love the low down shot of the front of the Hog, terrific!

It's worth checking the images for background clutter though. That Hornet looks like it's balanced on the red and white pole :lol:

Lovely pics, I hope you post more soon.

:cheers:

Greets Jan P

Unless things have changed since I was there (they may have, but I doubt it) then the answer is no. They have fencing all around the airport, and it's got the "privacy slats" (pieces of wood in the fence links) so that you can not look in at the planes very well. You may be able to get up to where they have the old planes that they flew, but I'm not even sure about that.

Aaron