NEW 1/35th scale KIOWA WARRIOR set

Werner’s Wings

1/35th scale Kiowa Warrior Upgrade Set

Set # 35-01

MSRP $20.00 plus shipping

OK after much prodding I have decided to rework and release a upgrade set for the 1/35th scale OH-58D Kiowa Warrior. This new set is better than any other sets I’ve mastered before and less expensive. At the moment I have only made 50 sets, this may change but for now this is all I’m doing.

What do you get? The biggest change is a new forward cowling with recessed panel lines. Also brand new is a Blue Force Antenna and an all new ALQ-144 pedestal with access panels and rivet detail. Also provided is a mount for the ALQ-144, new GPS antenna, new APR-39 antennas, and IR formation lights.

You can order yours directly from Werner’s Wings at fwernerjr@comcast.net . I accept Paypal to the same address or check/money order or cash. Write me for details and an address.

If you have wanted to upgrade your Kiowa Warrior now is the time. Don’t be caught short. I will have them available at the IPMS/USA National Convention in VA Beach and upon my return from there.

Floyd

Here are the bigger parts:

KiowaWarriorset.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
Werner’s Wings

1/35th scale Kiowa Warrior Upgrade Set

Set # 35-01

MSRP $20.00 plus shipping

OK after much prodding I have decided to rework and release a upgrade set for the 1/35th scale OH-58D Kiowa Warrior. This new set is better than any other sets I’ve mastered before and less expensive. At the moment I have only made 50 sets, this may change but for now this is all I’m doing.

What do you get? The biggest change is a new forward cowling with recessed panel lines. Also brand new is a Blue Force Antenna and an all new ALQ-144 pedestal with access panels and rivet detail. Also provided is a mount for the ALQ-144, new GPS antenna, new APR-39 antennas, and IR formation lights.

You can order yours directly from Werner’s Wings at fwernerjr@comcast.net . I accept Paypal to the same address or check/money order or cash. Write me for details and an address.

If you have wanted to upgrade your Kiowa Warrior now is the time. Don’t be caught short. I will have them available at the IPMS/USA National Convention in VA Beach and upon my return from there.

Floyd

Floyd-

Email inbound, mark me down for a set.

Thanks,

Mike

Floyd,

I'm interested but don't know what any of that stuff is you mentioned.

Do you have any pictures?

EDITED: Please disregard this post. Pictures of items in question are now posted.

Edited by B-1 Nut

I'm looking for a new project once I wrap up my current one. I'm not that familiar with the OH-58D, can you tell me if your set will be sufficient to bring the plastic kit up to the current configuration Kiowa Warrior? Or will I still need to buy additional kits or scratch build other details?

Thanks,

John

http://acc.kitreview.com/cec35013reviewbg_1.htm

Here is a link to the original Kiowa Update set mastered by Floyd Werner and marketed by Meteor Productions.

It will look similiar but with some significant differences. The whole forward cowling is rescribed. The ALQ pedestal will have the access panels that I forgot last time. The Blue Force antenna is all new based on photos from my Squadron/Signal walk around book on the Warrior. Some other things have been updated as well.

I will have all my sets with me at the Nats, but I won't have the actual MRC kit for sale. I'm not into that but I'm sure the kits will be on the vendor tables.

I hope to have photos of the whole set tonight, but no promises.

Floyd

I'm looking for a new project once I wrap up my current one. I'm not that familiar with the OH-58D, can you tell me if your set will be sufficient to bring the plastic kit up to the current configuration Kiowa Warrior? Or will I still need to buy additional kits or scratch build other details?

Nope this set will bring you up to current configuration. The only aftermarket I might suggest is some seatbelts and Remove Before Flight tags. The RBFs aren't really needed but they do add color.

May I recommend that you get the Thugs release and not Black Death. Thugs has all the armament. I think the new release by Academy has the full armament load. Can someone confirm that for me?

I am considering doing some decals with Fireball Modelworks. Joseph has been extremely helpful to me.

Here is a link to my model that I did with the Cutting Edge set: http://hsfeatures.com/features04/oh58dfw_1.htm

Floyd

Nope this set will bring you up to current configuration. The only aftermarket I might suggest is some seatbelts and Remove Before Flight tags. The RBFs aren't really needed but they do add color.

May I recommend that you get the Thugs release and not Black Death. Thugs has all the armament. I think the new release by Academy has the full armament load. Can someone confirm that for me?

I am considering doing some decals with Fireball Modelworks. Joseph has been extremely helpful to me.

Here is a link to my model that I did with the Cutting Edge set: http://hsfeatures.com/features04/oh58dfw_1.htm

Floyd

I think I have just found my new project. PM sent, sign me up for one of your kits. I hope you end up collaborating with Joseph on some decals, I used his for my Huey and they are first rate. Also, thanks for the link to your Hyperscale article. I read it years ago and had forgotten about it. It will be a great resource when I start my model.

Good luck on your business!

John

Floyd

Again, sorry for my ignorance on the subject but is the Academy kit a completely new model or is it just a re-box of the earlier MRC kit? Even if it was just a rebox, if it came with new decals of current aircraft, it would be worth it.

John

I will have all my sets with me at the Nats, but I won't have the actual MRC kit for sale. I'm not into that but I'm sure the kits will be on the vendor tables.

That's cool. Just hoping for a one stop shop. PM out.

Now looking for a Thugs release.

May I recommend that you get the Thugs release and not Black Death. Thugs has all the armament.

Floyd

Floyd,

The update looks great. I'll send you an email.

One question, what disadvantage will I be at considering that I have the "Black Death" boxing?

I got the kit for a steal, but only thought the main difference was rockets instead of guns.

JED

Here you go...

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=MHR2197

I've also heard some good things about the Kiowa Warrior Walk Around book listed on this page as well!

Well lets just say with a number of kit's: 1/48 H-34's, F-18's, CH-53E and a quantitafation of stash because of a PSC the XO has become less fond of the frontal assault by the postman. Favored nations status being revoked, embargoes, and sanctions being wilily nilly thrown out, a more tactful and indirect assault must be implored to accomplish the mission. :thumbsup:

Well lets just say with a number of kit's: 1/48 H-34's, F-18's, CH-53E and a quantitafation of stash because of a PSC the XO has become less fond of the frontal assault by the postman. Favored nations status being revoked, embargoes, and sanctions being wilily nilly thrown out, a more tactful and indirect assault must be implored to accomplish the mission. B)

Here you go :whistle: ................. send a box to a trusted friend, tell the better half it's a TRADE deal :woot.gif: ................. when the 'Thug' arrives you just tell her it's from the trade!! :rolleyes:

Edited by RCoulter52