Hey fellas have you heard the news? The prowler is back in town!

There is also the fact that it’s about the only game in town for a 1/48 Prowler. There is also the old Airfix kit, but I think it’s also hard to find, and not as good as the Monogram kit, even with the faults (mainly too much carryover from the A-6E and EA-6A kits).

One thing to remember about eBay is that not all modelers hang out at ARC or check Sprue Brothers every day, so there are a surprising number of people who really don’t know the kit is being reissued.

There is also the fact that it’s about the only game in town for a 1/48 Prowler. There is also the old Airfix kit, but I think it’s also hard to find, and not as good as the Monogram kit, even with the faults (mainly too much carryover from the A-6E and EA-6A kits).

One thing to remember about eBay is that not all modelers hang out at ARC or check Sprue Brothers every day, so there are a surprising number of people who really don’t know the kit is being reissued.

I've had the Airfix kit and got rid of it many years ago as soon as the the Monogram kit was issued. When Airfix released theirs it was the only game in town. From what I read the shapes are a touch better on the Airfix kit but compared to the Monogram kit, the Monogram version is SOOOO much better. It must be something with Airfix and their mould makers. Somehow everything looks so soft.

The people who buy stuff on ebay at the prices they do makes me shake my head. The mare fact that they are bidding on something USING a computer means that they can also search the net for the item. I can understand if it is gone but stuff that is out and being produced? Oh well.

That or he cannot wait a couple months...I am amazed to see the prowlers still selling for this much when SB has a pre order for just over $30 :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=005

A lot of buyers on ebay are totally ignorant of the model forums and newsgroups......

Perhaps this is the case here.

Jeff

I can understand not being aware of ARC in general, but if I was putting down $100 I would look around first.

That said, it aint my money. I'm just sayin....

Edited by tomcatter727
From what I read the shapes are a touch better on the Airfix kit but compared to the Monogram kit, the Monogram version is SOOOO much better.

Where'd you read that about the shape? To me the front canopy of the Airfix just looks wrong. I agree competely about the detail sharpness. I'd go with Monogram too.

Real:

prowler_lg.jpg

Monogram:

02.jpg

Airfix:

09.jpg

*i am not critisising the build, i am just posting the picture for the sake of the discussion.

Edited by tomcatter727