Hi All!!

She's done. The only thing left is to put her on a base which will have to wait for the weekend as payday is on Friday :thumbsup:

The kit is the Academy 1/48 MiG-21MF. Quite a nice kit that required a minimal filling and sanding routine to get it ready for paint. The inspiration is this profile by Richard of Gekko Graphics fame:

France2.jpg

My A/c however represents a E.C. 03-03 "Ardennes" machine in 1987 operating in Djibouti.

Picture203.jpg

Picture207.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Picture212.jpg

The last one is in because I took all the other pics and then realised that the blade antenna behind the 'pit wasn't painted :P Now she is though!

As always crits and comments most welcome!

D

Will it have a pole or are you going to carry it with you forever...? ;]

:trolls: That was too funny.

Damian: Nice model! :thumbsup: The weathering is really nice: exactly what I would expect for Africa. I had no idea the French used MiGs. Did they really or is this a whiff?

:D That was too funny.

Damian: Nice model! :worship: The weathering is really nice: exactly what I would expect for Africa. I had no idea the French used MiGs. Did they really or is this a whiff?

Thanks Patman! This is a complete what-if with the colour scheme based off a profile by Gekko1 and the decals from a 1/48 Heller Jaguar A.

As for mounting it...I have to wait until payday :) So mounting will take place on Saturday :thumbsup:

D

Hi All!!

She's done. The only thing left is to put her on a base which will have to wait for the weekend as payday is on Friday :thumbsup:

The kit is the Academy 1/48 MiG-21MF. Quite a nice kit that required a minimal filling and sanding routine to get it ready for paint. The inspiration is this profile by Richard of Gekko Graphics fame:

France2.jpg

My A/c however represents a E.C. 03-03 "Ardennes" machine in 1987 operating in Djibouti.

Picture203.jpg

Picture207.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Picture212.jpg

The last one is in because I took all the other pics and then realised that the blade antenna behind the 'pit wasn't painted :rofl: Now she is though!

As always crits and comments most welcome!

D

The French goverment had a MiG-21? What is the history behind it?

The French goverment had a MiG-21? What is the history behind it?

Heehee nope. This oneis based off of the MiG-21AL profile by Gekko or Gekko Graphics :thumbsup:

There's a great Africa thread over on BritMod:

Lightnings over Africa

With excellent profiles and some great writting. My MiG ties in to that story (in my head) with France moving to secure Djibouti...

D