Ok you Rotorheads, lets see your workshops! Here's my new digs...

P7090795.jpg

P7090797.jpg

P7090796.jpg

Had a couple updates to it, including new shelves and racks for my paints on the workbench. Putting this space together is almost as much fun as building a model!

Edited by Cobrahistorian

Still a long way to mine being finished....

IMG_1892a.jpg

IMG_1893a.jpg

Part of the stash missing a few boxes.....a number are on the way.

IMG_1890a.jpg

Oh and Jon, regarding your army challenge. :thumbsup:

IMG_1896a.jpg

Edited by Tank

Well, it's not nearly in the same class as some of the places shown here, but its where I try to build once in a while.

The bench:

IMG_4263.jpg

The stash:

IMG_4261.jpg

Edited by LemonJello
JON

I Like all you helo guys But Love those EAGLES UP THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, in my misguided youth I started in Air Force ROTC and wanted to be an F-15 jock. Funny thing is, had I done that and stayed in, I'd probably be flying with Waco right now, and I'd have 2 years on him... Odd the twists and turns that life takes sometimes.

Still, I love my F-15s. The Mudhen that's to the left side of the cabinet is probably my best jet model yet. She really came out fantastically well.

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian
Jon,Nice Man cave you got there!What scale is the cat?Sorry no man cave pics from me as my man cave is temporarily the kitchen island until my son moves out of his room and I move it in there.

Well, I guess i have a Man "window." As you can see I've been pushed into a limited space by much more important stuff like Dora the Explorer toys.

Ray

PICT7761.jpg

PICT7760.jpg

Well, I guess i have a Man "window." As you can see I've been pushed into a limited space by much more important stuff like Dora the Explorer toys.

Ray

PICT7761.jpg

PICT7760.jpg

Yeah, but Ray, you've got the coolest modeling chair around, bar none.

I'm just sitting here waiting for Dolly to take out our power( she is about 30 miles west my mancave). Thought I would try and give the world the one and only view before the roof is ripped off. All my stash is in my closet, hence the lack kits in the room. Yes that is a fridge under my computer. Revell Huey on the bench. Group build thing I hope?

Enjoy,

Michael :worship:

I'm just sitting here waiting for Dolly to take out our power( she is about 30 miles west my mancave). Thought I would try and give the world the one and only view before the roof is ripped off. All my stash is in my closet, hence the lack kits in the room. Yes that is a fridge under my computer. Revell Huey on the bench. Group build thing I hope?

Enjoy,

Michael :worship:

OK?! where did my photo go :cheers:

I guess back to photo bucket 101

Been too busy to add to this till just now. Just took a pic of my table area, that I finally got set up. Moved into this apartment back in April, but it took till Mid/Late June to get things in here organized just enough to have room for the tables.

P7270008.jpg

And a pic of my stash, taken a couple weeks after moving in. Got the stash up as quickly as possible, in an effort to get rid of the 8 cardboard boxes they were all packed in.

stash01.jpg

Ya know, for a guy thats been working on helos for almost 16 years now, & have been a modeler since the late 70's, I've only now beging to get interested in helo model kits with any real gusto. I've had that Hase SH-3 for almost 6 years. I've got a CH-53E & CH-46E, both Academy, both 1/48th, on the way. I guess whats new & interesting to me is taking me down this path. I've never really wanted either the CH-46 or CH-53 kits till recently, since I see both types all the time now. Who knows, if there ever is a decent 1/48th CH-47D produced, I just might take the plunge...

Bench.jpg

Marine4Ever, did you do those shelves yourself? One of the projects I'm planning on doing when I get home in about three weeks is to put shelving just like that in my man-cave (which is actually a man-closet). Where did you get them, was it kind of pricey, & how deep are those shelves that you can put what looks to be a 1/48th EA-6B kit on them?

Chris Ish

WOW thats a nice one you have there John! Lots of space!

Ray, I like your seat! Awesome idea!

LOL here is my little cave. There is no place for stash so the whole pile is in garage...

IMG_0492.jpg

PC desk/research source - probably the most important part of the cave

IMG_0500.jpg

workbench (LAVIII in progress:-))

IMG_0499.jpg

less important things are in between

and here is my helper!

maximka1.jpg

every now and then he reminds me to move the chear away from the bench after I am done for the day.... apperantly its a lot of fun to dig out the interior from model of Huey LOL

Andy

Awesome setup Andy. But, then again, I figured you'd have the deluxe Cave. saw that beautiful Huey sitting on your glassed in shelf. you better take care of that one! I wouldn't have thought ferrets and models would mix very well! I wouldn't let my hen, Rachel, anywhere near my models.

Ray

..... if there ever is a decent 1/48th CH-47D produced, I just might take the plunge...

I must say that I'd like a 1/35 MH-47G....or at least a 1/35 Chinook with the big tanks on it...and a good resin upgrade set to make it a nice MH-47G.

I know it is a tall order, but I'd finally be able to complete a 1/35 160th build.......one can only dream.

OK guys, I'm really jealous now. All I've got is a manshelf which has to be unpacked and then put away again when I've finished. Consequently I end up not building much as by the time I'm in from a 12 hour shift at work the last thing I feel like doing is getting everything down off the shelf and then putting it away again. Maybe I should move my two sons together in the one room and use the spare as a cave...I'll run that one past the mrs and get back to you!!!

Rich

Ya know, for a guy thats been working on helos for almost 16 years now, & have been a modeler since the late 70's, I've only now beging to get interested in helo model kits with any real gusto. I've had that Hase SH-3 for almost 6 years. I've got a CH-53E & CH-46E, both Academy, both 1/48th, on the way. I guess whats new & interesting to me is taking me down this path. I've never really wanted either the CH-46 or CH-53 kits till recently, since I see both types all the time now. Who knows, if there ever is a decent 1/48th CH-47D produced, I just might take the plunge...

Bench.jpg

Marine4Ever, did you do those shelves yourself? One of the projects I'm planning on doing when I get home in about three weeks is to put shelving just like that in my man-cave (which is actually a man-closet). Where did you get them, was it kind of pricey, & how deep are those shelves that you can put what looks to be a 1/48th EA-6B kit on them?

Chris Ish

Chris - you seem to have a... um... thing for tails. Is this a fetish or just a rather impressive coincidental confluence of builds hitting the same spot at the same time?

:salute:

Here is where I (slowly) build my models.

IMG_0371.jpg

Here is some of the stash from my attic. First up are the single engine helis, gunships and Hueys in 1/72.

IMG_0374.jpg

Medium and heavy helicopters in 1/72.

IMG_0375.jpg

Resin, short-run kits and Russian helis in 1/72.

IMG_0376.jpg

My small collection of larger scale H-6/ MD500 kits.

IMG_0377-1.jpg

A few other larger scale kits.

IMG_0378.jpg

My stash of Irish Air Corps-related fixed wing types and helis in 1/72.

IMG_0379.jpg

LD.

Edited by Loach Driver

Loach Driver,

At least now I know how you got your handle! Man the Nichimo would about pay for the rest of em combined. That Mutza Loach book rocks, don't you think? I'm reading it right now and it is awesome. Any other good OH-6 refs you would recommend?

Ray