I like the instrument dials :) They are very realistic! Are they decals from the box?

Thanks, and yes they are the kit decals... I punched the decals out with Waldron punches, and then once setting them down, used a little Future to simulate the dials.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tamiya 1:48 Thunderbolt OoB

Well it only took 3 days to finish the decals on the Tamiya cowling. They actually went down very well considering how complex the curve it's covering is. Took multiple coats of Micro Sol to get them to really suck it down.

Had a minor disaster in the finishing. I sprayed Tamiya acrylic flat base over them thinking that it was a flat finish...apparently by BASE they mean an additive to turn paint flat. So I sprayed some future over it hoping to fix...no dice.

I stripped it off with window cleaner... and had to use coffee filters to scrub it down..but it didn't affect the decal. I resprayed it with a good old rattle can of Model Master Flat Lacquer. (MM Flat lacquer is the only stuff I've ever been successful with...) anyway on to the pics.

353753184_yS232-L.jpg

353753139_wfmxa-L.jpg

353753105_bvpjc-L.jpg

• 3 weeks later...