more pix of HMM-265 00

Cool pictures, I really like those markings. Any idea what the Japanesse script means? If there were decals out for this version, I think I would break down and build one of those.

Still can't believe that those antiques are still flying. How long before they get replaced by the MV-22?

Cool pictures, I really like those markings. Any idea what the Japanesse script means? If there were decals out for this version, I think I would break down and build one of those.

Still can't believe that those antiques are still flying. How long before they get replaced by the MV-22?

It's Dragon, and when we are going to get the DeathSpray not for along time in Japan. The East Coast has them and the West Coast is going to get them in about 2 years. But No one I know is going to make the move to that Fing thing!!! I'm going D.I. so I will not see that thing at all if I have my way!!

SuperCobra it's more like a down grade/ up grade, as that thing can not do what we do and we can not do some things it can do. Like I have posted before there is a place for that thing in the Marine Corps, but it is not to replace the Phrog!!!

Yikes!!

I don't follow the USMC aviation scene that closely, I figured you guys would be looking forward to getting something that is a bit more modern than the '46. All the interviews with the first USMC squadron that took the MV-22 to Iraq were very positive. I've read/watched interviews with both pilots and enlisted folk, they all were singing the praises of the Osprey over there. Was this all PR spin or are there other folks in the Corp that have a higher opinion of this aircraft than you do?

It kinda reminds me of what people were saying back when the Army introduced the Blackhawk. It had some pretty bad accidents in the begining and a lot of the troops were not happy about having to leave their Hueys behind to fly the UH-60 "Crashhawk" However, a few years later and I doubt you could find anyone who would have rather have been flying into combat on a Huey. Since it sounds like the CH-46 will be replaced by the Osprey no matter what, I hope this will be the case.

Regardless, I wish you guys the best of luck and thank you for your service.

John

SSgtD,

Dragon, huh? You sure it's not kanji for "frog"? Not that too many Okinawans really like having ANY helos around the island...That is some nice artwork on the armor plate. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Been to Ghengis Khan's for mongolian BBQ? Or the Sunday Brunch down at the Surfside on Kinser?

SSgtD,

Dragon, huh? You sure it's not kanji for "frog"? Not that too many Okinawans really like having ANY helos around the island...That is some nice artwork on the armor plate. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Been to Ghengis Khan's for mongolian BBQ? Or the Sunday Brunch down at the Surfside on Kinser?

Na, I have not made for the mongolian bbq, I do not have a car so I do not get off base much. TomCatTweaker and his wife take me out on the weekends I do not know the name of the place we go eat at. But is is Kanji for Dragon.

I'm not the only one I can not tell you one Phrog guy that likes the V-22, no one likes the thing for................

THANKS YOU GOT ME GOING NOW!!!! THANKS :thumbsup: