Italeri/Amt flying wing

I've recently got my hands on this baby, (the Italeri re-issue), one question. Italeri state the cockpit colours as bare metal with black details.

Is this right? I would have thought Interior Green or similar, anyone got info on this they could share please?

:woot.gif:

I may just have to pick up my first 1/72 kit with this one. Unless they're going to crank out one in 1/48? Oh, and while I'm dreaming, can someone make a good injection plastic B-2 in 1/48?

Hey John! Thanks for the photo but, I've already found that one. I've gone over it time and time again but I agree, it looks like aluminium is the way to go. Should come up well with a black wash.

On a personal note--Just thought I'd mention my late father came from your part of the world. He was born in Petrolia, came over with the Canadian Army in WWII, met my, also late now, mother and hey presto!

Small world eh?

Cheers all.

Gordon :thumbsup:

I've recently got my hands on this baby, (the Italeri re-issue), one question. Italeri state the cockpit colours as bare metal with black details.

Is this right? I would have thought Interior Green or similar, anyone got info on this they could share please?

:P

I have a book at home called "jack northrop and the flying wing" or some such variation, therof. I will check to see if there any good photos for you.

joe.

Hey John! Thanks for the photo but, I've already found that one. I've gone over it time and time again but I agree, it looks like aluminium is the way to go. Should come up well with a black wash.

On a personal note--Just thought I'd mention my late father came from your part of the world. He was born in Petrolia, came over with the Canadian Army in WWII, met my, also late now, mother and hey presto!

Small world eh?

Cheers all.

Gordon :sign_spam:

Hey Gordon,

Lots of Canadians ended up marrying locals in the UK during and after the war and settled down over there. On the other hand, my step Grandfather was born in Finland, fought for the Royal Canadian Army in WWII participating in the Dieppe Raid and ended up as a farmer in Western Canada after the war.

BTW, Petrolia is very far from where I live. About 3200 km's which is about as far as London is from Athens.

:cheers:

3,200 kms!! My God! I think we people on this small Isle forget at times just how vast the American continent is!

I know Petrolia is roughly right-of-centre as regards Canada so it just goes to show!! No wonder you lot use cars all the time eh? :woot.gif:

Joe, I'd appreciate any piccies you can find. I'm honestly still not sure about the interior colour. It just seems to me, given the regimented mindset of the military at that time that bare metal would have been frowned upon.

Ah well. Thanks for your interest lads. :thumbsup: