<...> Chernaya Akula means "Black Shark" - right? <...>

AFAIK, it does. :cheers: And the name was indeed taken from the Ka-50. And the Akula-class SSGNs, which, as submarines, are also black.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Hi, Sharksteve! Welcome aboard!

Very impressive build. Very nice finish and weathering. Very realistic finish on the exhaust pipes.

Flawless and shark...oh, sharp! Awesome! :rolleyes:

BTW, what build are you considering to be next?

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:cheers:

Bravo!!! :cheers:

Very nice model and display!

I'm looking forward to your future builds!

A nice Su-27 would look great next to that...or perhaps a MiG-29A... :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard!

Chris

:doh:

Like the other have said "welcome to ARC". It is nice to have you with us. Since you only started building models for last couple of years.......I would say you're a natural. Very nice looking start indeed. I would love to see your other models as well.

BTW, God Bless You......your a brave soul to be in the middle of all those sharks.

Mike

Thank you very much for your comments. I am considering to build a 1/32 F-16 arctic blue bandit (Red Flag Alaska, the blue scheme). I ordered the twobobs decals for that and for practice ordnance.

As for a SU-27 as "partner" for the MIG, that is allready there. The SU-27 was one of my first models (and for that it turned out rather well. It is an out of the box build - I did not know about the zactoman corrections then) So the SU-27 sits right beside the MiG-29 on my shelf.

Very nice intro...and that Fulcrum is par excellence...and if I may say so; You got more guts than Kansas City slaughter house to be filming those beasties that close!!!. You have my admiration in both your modeling skills and your occupation.

Edited by Angels49

Hi Steve

I've just started building this kit myself! I hope mine turns out as nice as yours :-)

Quick question, did you need any nose weight on yours? Instructions don't say if it's needed and it looks like there's already a lot of weight forward of the main gear.

Cheers

Grant

I needed noseweights.

I used a staple of old foreign currency coins, approximately 10 coins (something like quarter dollars or similar size). This coins I bundled together with tamiya tape and fixed them with twoside-adhesive tape into the nosecone.