Hello!

I'm new to this forum.

I have discovered model building in the last couple of years, and enjoy it very much. I completed 8 models to this day (Jet Fighters and Space Shuttle models). I have some problems with a tremor in my hands, and modelling is actually one thing that helps me, because it is a good training to concentrate on my hands (it is much more motivational then other forms). I have sometimes problems with small parts, but I allways get arround.

My log in name "Sharksteve" is regarding to my heavy interest in all things about sharks.

Here is a picture of myself filming a Tigershark (I am the guy with the video camera in his hands):

steve_shark.jpg

Here some pics of my latest build, the Trumpeter Mig-29M Super Fulcrum.

I built the Blue 156 (ca. 1992) according to reference pictures from a book. The MIG-29M Superfulcrum is a very modified and modernized MIG-29 of the 1990ties, that was never built in large numbers (6 Prototypes only). The difference between "normal" MIG-29 and MIG-29M is substantial, somewhat like the difference between Hornet and Superhornet.

The colors on this bird where different in the book and in pictures on the net then those in the trumpeter manual.

I used the box decals, I don't know of any aftermarket MIG-29M decals.

Items used beside the box stuff: eduard interior parts (I like them very much, it is a pain for me to paint cockpit parts with the brush...), scratchbuilt external tank exhaust (made form a brass rivet), bird/wind deflector in front of IRST (made of bent aluminum sheet), pupil type IRST that was installed on that plane according to the book for test, some wires inside the wheel wells and gear struts.

Enjoy!

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

Strewth!!! Talk about a jump off the blocks, that is one heck of a first post.

Welcome to ARC...absolutely fabulous work on the MiG-29M. You'll fit in nicely with the modern jet builders here.

Again, absolutely astonishingly well done work.

Cheers!

-Waco

nice mig-29! welcome to ARC, cool pic of you and the tiger shark.

you should build an F-5 hahah

btw, i never thought of using that paint for a base, thats an awesome idea!

Excellent model with a very nice finish! Posing the weapons on the tarmac is a pretty cool idea too. I like this whole set up very much.

BTW, I think the nickname Sharksteve is a very cool one for ARC. Welcome to ARC forums!

Cheers,

Terry

Hello and welcome to ARC, Sharksteve.... :D

Lovely Mig you have built. Love the detail and the weapons! As for swimming with those particular fishes....... well you are a braver man than I! :rofl:

:thumbsup:

By the way, how big was that fish?

It was a tigershark (Galeocerdo Cuvier), about 5 meters in length. (they can grow up to 6-7m)

Here is one picture of a Tiger- and a Lemonshark (Tiger right, Lemon left, no they did not collide) I took last year:

tigerlemon.jpg

The left picture in my signature shows a Great White Shark, I took it in South Africa and won a price for it (It is also featured in the 2008 Naui Calendar).

'...you should build an F-5 hahah...'

Has there ever been a F-5 in a Tigershark paint scheme (one that looks like a tigershark?)

Thank you all for your very nice coments and the welcome!

Happy modelling!

First off, welcome to ARC! :lol: Your avatar rocks! :worship:

Hallo! Guten Abend,

Chernaya Akula means "Black Shark" - right? That is a cool nickname, although I don't know any sharkspecies with that name. But its a cool helicopter :thumbsup:

M8 those are some awsome photos and that MIG is outstanding. Ive been considering a Mig 29 for a while, yours has now tipped me over the edge into getting one. Nicely presented to Ive never seen that before!!

Welcome to ARC. Looking forward to more of your builds in the future!.

Pharty