1/32 MiG-29 Details and corrections

Chris, Any news on the Wheel bays and Mig-29A cockpit?

Both the cockpit and wheel bays are still possible future releases but no guarantees or release dates.

I'm hoping to recruit some talented pattern-makers for these and other projects.

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

Both the cockpit and wheel bays are still possible future releases but no guarantees or release dates.

I'm hoping to recruit some talented pattern-makers for these and other projects.

Sounds great, I won´t start my MiG´s until I have a new cockpit and wheel bays. But please finish the Tomcat intakes and Su canopys first :woot.gif:

A guy from Aires told me that since the their is so little production kits of the Mig-29A in large scale it wouldnt be feasable to make a cockpit and wheel bays in this scale... I guess they dont use 3D CADD reproduction like Eduard.... because they did such great work on the Mig-29A stuff in 48 scale it would be so easy to just size it up. Its really a shame Trumpeter chose the two Mig-29 models with the lowest production numbers to tool... That is a horrible decision... There are so many painting options for the Mig-29A and UB........ but the M and K are limited to maybe 5 in total... LOL

• 2 months later...

I don't remember Revell doing a 1/48 MiG-29, but if you are thinking of the Monogram kit, the 1/32 Revell kit has absolutely nothing to do with that horrible kit. The truth is that, at the time, the big Revell kit was probably the most accurate kit of all those out there. Most of the available kite were 1/72 and based on photos of some early MiGs that visited Finland. The Revell kit was the first that had the later production mods like the extended rudders, chaff dispensers in front to the tails, correct details like the offset nose gear strut, a center line tank that approached how the real thing actually looked like, the correct number of wing pylons that look something like the real things, and so on.

Unfortunately, unless someone does a new kit, it's this or nothing. Trumpeter would probably have been the best option, but I think they shot their wad with the M and K kits. I think the only other realistic potential option is if RoG does one.

I dont understand the decision Trumpeter made when they chose the M and K...... Had they just done the A they wouldve chosen one of the most widely exported jet fighters in history.... there are so many options there for modelers....second perhaps only to the Mig-21.... but they chose 2 of the least produced fighters.... and then the M and K is basically the same kit save the wings and tailhook.. and a few other nick nacks.... The revel modified with this kit builds up really nice.... It's not perfect... but Its as good as the Revell kit can be made... Ive used Zactos resin before and his attention to detail, in the fit as well is amazing..... Hands down the best quality resin Ive ever worked with....

• 1 month later...
Is the UB kit still available? I could also be interested in the Su-27 upgrade set?

I will have almost every part you make if I buy these sets!!

Hi Nige,

Everything I've ever released is still available! :wacko:

Please e-mail me a list if you want to buy more than one item so I can cut you a deal on S&H. Email me

I'm currently involved in a big home improvement project so there might be a delay of as much as a week from when I receive an order until I can ship.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to express my appreciation for the MiG-29 correction set Chris. Finished product!

I'll admit I wasn't sure it fit correctly when I first cut plastic, but I saw the craftwork of the intake fit and how it transformed the look of the kit I can't speak highly enough.

I also think the actual resin pieces are the best I've ever worked with.

Your sets aren't cheap, but they represent good value for the discerning modelmaker :thumbsup:/>

Al

• 2 years later...

MiG_fix_4.jpg

I've the RoG #4799 kit (the boxart below), so in which case am I? :unsure:

rg_4799_title.jpg

Can I still use the correction set without too many problems or should I buy the #4717 Revell USA (old tool) kit?

$_1.JPG

thanks.

Edited by Alpagueur

I believe both kits are the same with just a box difference. I use to have the old kit 4717 and it was same as the 04707 which is the RoG Mig-29 box art of 29th ianniversary colours of the JG 73 Steinhoff. It's all the same molds just new wrapping. So, you'll be ok.

I believe both kits are the same with just a box difference. I use to have the old kit 4717 and it was same as the 04707 which is the RoG Mig-29 box art of 29th ianniversary colours of the JG 73 Steinhoff. It's all the same molds just new wrapping. So, you'll be ok.

Engine ducts, too? The above pic seems to says they are different...

many thanks.