1/32 MiG-29 Details and corrections

This is the Revell US kit #4717:

PICT2881.jpg

The Revell Germany kit #04707 (also kit #4799):

PICT2882.jpg

(One of these is currently available on Ebay and includes the TAC cockpit. >>>Link<<< ) :santa:

If anybody knows of any kits collecting dust on you local hobby shop shelves please post the info here!

As far as I know these are the only two boxings of the kit (not counting the two-seater MiG-29UB kit #4751).

As I mentioned, I'll be including the extra parts that are necessary for the RoG kit in all sets so you can use this on the US kit if you want.

any idea how this one will sit with all of the resin attached?
Probably a bit tail heavy...

The stock lower fuselage with the full engine parts and exhausts weighs 98 grams.

The modified lower fuselage with all the resin, without the internal engine pieces weighs 109 grams.

11 grams extra, all of it behind the main gear...

It will require some extra weight in the nose. I'll be piecing together a kit to get an approximate amount that I will recommend in the instructions.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm plugging away at the instructions :wacko:

Here are three pages of what will probably be six or seven when all is done.

MiG_fix_54.jpg

I've uploaded them as .GIFs if you want a closer look:

Pg.1

Pg.2

Pg.4

I'm still drawing images as well as juggling them from page to page so these might change a bit...

Getting close!

:)

Absolutely fantastic Chris :trolls:

Your attention to detail is second to none. Beautifully drawn, clear and concise instructions that would put most injection molded manufacturers to shame.

There looks to be quite alot of work involved but I'm positive that the end result will be most worthwhile. With all of the templates provided and detailed guidance it should be manageable for almost everyone.

In addition to all that you've shown us so far, Page #4 of the instructions has some very welcome news ;)

Marvellous stuff Big Z.

Wow! Chris! Fantastic! ;)

I agree with Geedubelayer that your instructions is a benchmark for some injection sets manufacturers.

So, your great project seems is closer to the compleation? No, I think you hardly stop this line of the Fulcrum madness

and will show us more awesome stuff so desired by Fulcrum enthusiasts. :cheers:

Cheers and good luck with all your fantastic projects!

Alexander.

:trolls:

• 2 weeks later...

It's done...

I've updated my website and it is now for sale! :cheers:

MiG_fix_55.jpg

In addition to all that you've shown us so far, Page #4 of the instructions has some very welcome news ;)
You might like Pg. 2 as well!

I've updated and re-arranged the instrustion sheets. There are now 7 pages that will be included in the kit (Pg.7 is the same as that included in the Exhaust kit).

You can check out the instructions at my website, www.Zactomodels.com. Click on the MiG-29A link :)

:cheers: Chris

hi chris

in the instructions it say you will do a cockpit and wheelwells? any shedule? i have the CAM pit and want to use it, but might wait with my order until the wells are ready (overseas shipping charges)

thanx

in the instructions it say you will do a cockpit and wheelwells? any shedule? i have the CAM pit and want to use it, but might wait with my order until the wells are ready (overseas shipping charges)
No schedule for them.

I'll be starting the wheel wells after I finish up the Su-27 early tail stinger.

You might just want to abandon your CAM pit...The cockpit is already being worked on, but again, no release schedule.

Thanks to those who placed orders already. :thumbsup:

A bunch went out today.

I'll be casting and shipping them as quickly as I can.

Unfortunately (?)( :( ) several people decided to order A-7 combos as well and I only had a couple in stock so I'm trying to cast those as well. Thanks guys! :banana:

:banana:

Hi, Chris! It finally happened! Remarkable day! :woo:

This vast project is really fantastic! Top notch! With your updates all 1/32 scale Fulcrum fans (now the happiest ones) got a very

nice possibility to make their Migs to look like a real thing! But some more updates are yet to come. ;)

Good luck with all your further great projects! (But I think you ought to take a delay and relax somethere at the seaside

sipping cold bear under the sun. :) )

Cheers!

Alexander.

:(

Ordered 2 sets today - Any news on the Fulcrum C spine mod ?
Thanks Ivan! Your sets shipped yesterday.

I've set the Fulcrum C conversion aside in favor of doing the wheel wells (and cockpit) first so those who want to do the "A" can get started on their builds sooner.

As I mentioned above, I'll be doing the Su-27 early stinger first...

Looks like I'm a little late to the party.

Order placed :rofl: I hope that I can do the set justice.

Don't worry, the party is just starting! :beer4:

Thanks for the order Dave! Your parts shipped today.

Hi, Chris! It finally happened! Remarkable day!

This vast project is really fantastic! Top notch! With your updates all 1/32 scale Fulcrum fans (now the happiest ones) got a very

nice possibility to make their Migs to look like a real thing! But some more updates are yet to come.

Good luck with all your further great projects! (But I think you ought to take a delay and relax somethere at the seaside

sipping cold bear under the sun. )

Cheers!

Alexander.

Thanks Alexander, I couldn't have done this without you!

I wish I had time (and money) for a vacation!

What does a cold bear taste like? (Just kidding my friend) :salute:

Most of the orders have been filled and I'm casting away.

I had planned to send off a few sets for reviews but decided to send out paying orders first so if any of you who receive your sets would be willing to share your (honest) thoughts, please do so... (I hope you like them!)

Simply amazing. Like Jason, i also drooled little bit.

I would like to order one set, but i don't have the kit ( :) ) or place to storage it. Maybe i should order one, just to look at it, and drool....

Thanks Alexander, I couldn't have done this without you!

I wish I had time (and money) for a vacation!

What does a cold bear taste like? (Just kidding my friend)

Hi, Chris!

Well, it was just a gentle nudge... but it caused a real tsunami of step-by-step updates. ;)

As for a cold bear ( :blink: ), oh ...beer of course! (oh, those English, there are so many tricky words that sound alike! ).

I must confess, I don't like beer (and never taste bear as well :D ) ...but never tell it to anybody else!

I hope you will get enought money after a while to afford yourself a nice jorney with Sharla to enjoing wild life in bungalow somethere...in Hawaii or Saipan :unsure: (you really deserve it!).

Cheers!

Alexander.

whaoooo :sunrevolves:

You have done so much here

considering your skills , you can do any bird from A to Z and beat tamiya/trump/academy...ETC ...

correct shape panel,rivets.....

pls do not do only correction sets but 100 % entire accurate 1/32 scale jets

main body cast should be a piece of cake for you

I hope one day you can give me my dream shot : zactomodel Su 35 or 37 1/32 scale model :whistle:

but before that : have a break and enjoy !!!!

:salute:

What a staggering piece of work Zactohero :thumbsup: (and Eastern ;) )

The pictures speak volumes about the amount of additional work that you've put in to make the Revell Fulcrum look so much better.

I love the shot from underneath and behind showing the intake trunking and nozzles. Absolutely phenomenal !! :)

I'm keeping my eyes skinned for the chance to buy the kit now so that I can use all of the Zacto-additions in the future.

Bravo guys, BRAVO!! :worship:

• 1 month later...
Mine arrived the other day. Absolutely stunning quality resin work, documentation and packing. Thanks Zactoman for making this beautiful correction kit.
Thank you Ivan!

I'm looking forward to seeing your build using the parts (or anybody elses!).

In the instructions I mention that I was going to post info on correcting the spine and the fwd fuselage LERXs.

Here's the spine:

On the stock kit the spine slightly bulges upward where it should slightly dip inward. See the following photo (sorry about the poor quality of the photo):

Spine_fix1.jpg

Like some of the other suggested optional fixes, this is a subtle detail but will add to the over-all corrected look of the kit...

Step 1- (Not pictured) Reinforce the insides of the spine by adding several layers of super-glue. You can use thick formula if you prefer but be sure each layer dries before adding the next. You can also use super-glue with baking soda sprinkled in as a filler.

Step 2- Remove material from the spine to create the dip. Keep the resulting platform flat and level. Be careful not to go too deep and go all the way through the plastic. You can check this by holding the fuselage up to a light.

Spine_fix2.jpg

Here is a template of the resulting platform:

Spine1.jpg

Step 3- Draw a center-line. Shape 1/2 of the spine first. Keep the center-line intact!

Spine_fix3.jpg

Step 4- (not pictured) Shape the other half of the spine keeping the centerline intact.

When both halves look close, sand the spine to its' final shape, including the center-line.

Step 5- (not pictured) Rescribe.

Be careful and use light presure in the very thin areas. If you end up scribing through the plastic don't despair. Use your prefered filler (super-glue, spot putty or Mr. Surfacer) to touch up any flaws.

I'll be addressing the LERX corrections soon...

:thumbsup: