1/32 MiG-29 Details and corrections

Ah sorry, this was the german word for it. I mean bypass.
Thanks for the translation.

I don't have the UB yet.

Looking at pictures of built kits it appears that the bypass doors are the same on both the single and two-seater kits.

Can somebody with both kits confirm whether the bypass doors are the same or different?

:cheers:

You mean the doors on top of the fuselage? The only difference that I can see are in the 3 vents just behind the doors. On the single seater, they have small louvers. On the UB, they are open depressions. also, the bump behind the 3 small vents in in a slightly different location. I measured the large louvered doors and they seem to be the same dimensions as far as I can tell. I measured the width of the front opening, the rear opening, and the length of the louver bank, and they are the same. Whether the curvature of the fuselage where the doors are is exactly the same, I can't tell for sure, but it looks the same to me.

MiG29_2.jpg

UB_1.jpg

MiG29_1.jpg

Edited by Dave Williams

Thanks for posting the pics Dave! :cheers:

I does look like my existing parts will fit just fine.

As for my UB correction, it will be the same parts included in the MiG-29 correction minus the nosecone, chaff dispenser and a few other little parts that aren't needed, at a discounted price.

I still have to modify the instruction sheets to include the new intakes. I'll try to have that finished before the weekend is done...

Edited by Zactoman

I know this is gonna sound dumb, but I seriously want to get this correction set....but I need a MiG-29 first. Where can I get one of those? There arent any on ebay, squadron doesnt carry them, and Hobbytown USA dont have any on stock either...

Unfortunately, the kits come and go in and out of production. The initial single-seater release was by US Revell and subsequent releases (and all UB releases) were by RoG. I don't think the single seater is currently in production, so you'll probably need to check eBay or the traders boards. The UB either just has been, or is about to be, reissued by RoG.

I need a MiG-29 first. Where can I get one of those?

Hi Utley,

I'll most probably start mine in a few weeks with full Zacto set, minus the intake.. well maybe, and if you want one I have a few of those in my stash, PM me.

Dan.

Edited by Dan Leduc
The UB either just has been, or is about to be, reissued by RoG.
I'm not sure of the exact release date but Revell Germany has it listed as October so it should be very soon.

The MiG-29UB Correction set is now available!

The set contains the same parts as the MiG-29A correction set minus those parts not needed for the UB.

The set contains:

Exhausts, engine tunnels and scoops, full length intakes, stabilator attachments, closed intake bypass doors,

spine scoop and fuselage bumps, IRST mechanism and strip styrene to correct the ailerons.

As for the Full Length Intake set.

It is now included in the MiG-29A Correction set and the MiG-29UB Correction set.

It is also available to those who have already purchased the correction sets for a highly discounted price!

The discount price will only be available until November 1st.

At the current price I'm really not making much at all. I'm only offering it at this price as a "thank you" to those who have already purchased the correction.

Even at the higher price in November I won't be charging what I would have if it were a stand-alone new product.

I'll most probably start mine in a few weeks with full Zacto set, minus the intake..
:crying2:

Hi Utley,

I'll most probably start mine in a few weeks with full Zacto set, minus the intake.. well maybe, and if you want one I have a few of those in my stash, PM me.

Dan.

Your inbox is full. :crying2:

• 4 weeks later...

Any info on which decals it comes with?

Just this from theirs site:

- Decals including registration and servicing guides for the Russian Air Force version and German Air Force version
  • 4 months later...

I just received my Mig 2UB kit from Chris. The workmanship is first rate all the way, just waiting for some reference material to come in an I will be starting this big bird. I saw in the instruction's that you were going to have new wheel bays, is that something that is going to happen soon? Just wondering whether I would be sending you more money in the near future chris.

Edited by Justin86
I just received my Mig 2UB kit from Chris. The workmanship is first rate all the way, just waiting for some reference material to come in an I will be starting this big bird. I saw in the instruction's that you were going to have new wheel bays, is that something that is going to happen soon? Just wondering whether I would be sending you more money in the near future chris.
Hi Justin,

Happy to hear that the parts arrived safely and you like them.

Wheel bays and MiG-29A cockpit are on the list and I think I night have a really talented guy lined up to make the patterns. It likely won't be 'soon' though. If you are anxious to start your build I'd go ahead and do so. You could always build another in the future!

• 1 month later...
Is there a MiG-29SMT conversion in plans for the future?
Very doubtful...

I doubt the demand for the set would be worth the time involved in making the patterns (and it's butt-ugly).