SOF To Convert One C-27J To Gunship Lite

Holy $h1+!! A "quick modification" is gonna cost me $1.8 BILLION!?!!?!?!? My tax dollar at work again.

J

The article says the mod will cost $32 million to modify one of the aircraft included in the $1.8 Billion aircraft buy (lots of airplanes). Still expensive, though.

Cheers,

Mitch

Gents:

That article also reports that the 30mm gun didn't work on the AC-130 because of accuracy issues so they're being de-modded back to the 40mm. Wonder what weapon they'll pick for the AC-27?

Mark

P.S. yep, I'll do decals for it once pictures and a kit shows! LOL

So what is a C-27? When did they come along? I dont keep up like you guys do and dont know all the aircraft out there, including our own. After looking at some pics, and the article, it seems to be a 'mini' C-130. Looks like a pretty good platform for adding guns.

Edited by dahut
So what is a C-27? When did they come along?

According at a nice write up in the Jun 2008 edition of Air International (pp.32-37), it is a modernized Alenia Aeronautica (AlAe) G222; first flow in 1970.

Here is AlAe's website on the Spartan.

None in 1/144. :(

about the immigrant issue - STFW - I can't imagine how migratory politics has any bearing on the C-27J.

hmm...that is a very interesting idea. I could even see Canada buyng a few of these!!!

Sean

Yep for the new Mounties...The Royal Canadian Airbourne Police. Perfect for defending the border against the interlopers from the south and to deal with all the bears that for some reason the Post Office up there seems to prefer blowing.