co2 tank

i read in the tools n tips section about the co2 tank. is it that you can use a co2 tank as the air compressor for the air brush?if so, is it that any kind co2 tanks will do? im new to the hobby and have been painting using just brushes alone since you know air compressors and air brushes are expensive...ill be glad if any of you could answer my question

You can use CO2, but nitrogen is even better, as there are no worries about condensation or moisture getting into the air lines. For less than $100 (usually), you can get the entire setup, including the regulator, from a welding supply company. Standard cylinders should last for months before you need a refill, and the refill itself is not very expensive at all.

There is also a much lower health risk to using nitrogen.......no danger of releasing a bunch of carbon dioxide into the air, and the air we breathe is composed af approximately 78% nitrogen anyway. If I were going to get rid of my compressor, I'd definitely go with nitrogen.

But actually wouldnt it be better if one got a compressor?With the compressor you wont have to refill the air right?Are there advantages in using air tanks instead and also is it that any air tank with a pressure regulator can fit with an airbrush?Thanks for answering my questions.

No compromise: cheap compressors are pretty noisy and most of them don´t have a moisturefilter, so it can happen that you spray some water with the paint (looks sh****, causes some extra work...all in all great...). There is an option to buy a hose with a built-in filter, but I wouldn´t recommend that. If you cannot afford a good one, wait another months until you have the money for it. The big Nitrotanks are cool since they don´t make any noise at all, but are quite heavy and of course huge.

You can try the small cans they sell at modelshops, but they tend to freeze all over after about 5-10 minutes.